Directv with MASN in the Philadelphia Area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ethen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
I am looking into coming back to Directv from Comcast in Philadelphia. The price has gone up a good deal and they are unwilling to make any special offerings. As we all know Comcast Philadelphia is playing hardball with Directv so if I come back it will be less local Sports (Phillies).

However when visiting the Directv and viewing my local channels it shows MASN out of Baltimore as my local sports station. This is very unusual as I am 25 Miles North of Philadelphia (Zip 19525).

Where I am going with this is I was wondering if I got the MLB Package next season with Directv would the Phillies Games still be blacked out?

Does anyone out there have a similar situation?

Iceberg, Thanks for helping.

Do you mean that I would be blacked out or I would not be blacked out. If I am claimed doesn't that mean they would black the Phillies out and I would be out of luck?

MLB.TV just confirmed to me by email that I would indeed be blacked out if I went that way. This is maddening how much control that Comcast has.

Thanks.

oh crap I misread part of your post

Where I am going with this is I was wondering if I got the MLB Package next season with Directv would the Phillies Games still be blacked out?

yes they would because the Phillies claim your area. The fact that CSN Philly isnt on satellite is moot. You still are blacked out unless they play the Nats (or Orioles) because then you would watch it on MASN/MASN2

You might get more Phillies games if you "move" to my city... I have the Nats, Reds, Braves, and Orioles as local teams. (FS South, Sportsouth, MASN, MASN2, FS Cincinatti.) This would also move you out of the MLB Network and ESPN blackouts oh Phillies games. BUT, then, you'd also have to suffer with the Carolina Hurricanes... and the Charlotte Bobcats... and the Columbus Crew.

Last edited:
Again, thanks for the info. I figured my way around it. I am going to set up my slingbox at a friends house and sling the phillies from there.

Much less expensive than moving to North Carlolina. :)

Is it possible for someone in Philadelphia to "move" to Burlington NC? I would very interested in just such a "move".. Any help would be appreciated via this thread or PM. Thanks.

I am looking into coming back to Directv from Comcast in Philadelphia. The price has gone up a good deal and they are unwilling to make any special offerings. As we all know Comcast Philadelphia is playing hardball with Directv so if I come back it will be less local Sports (Phillies).

However when visiting the Directv and viewing my local channels it shows MASN out of Baltimore as my local sports station. This is very unusual as I am 25 Miles North of Philadelphia (Zip 19525).

Does anyone out there have a similar situation?
I live 7 hours from Balt and 6 hrs from DC and we get MASN as a local RSN....

I live 7 hours from Balt and 6 hrs from DC and we get MASN as a local RSN....

The rsns are CONUS, you will get them anywhere in the US. What about the local channels where you "live"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts