DirecTV wont install because of tree?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

charlescarr51

Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Is it just me or does DirecTV have extremely POOR customer service. I got a new HDTV and wanted directv to come out and do an install. Professional? I dont think so. How many satellites do they have? A guy came out stood on our front porch and used his azimuth and said that we couldnt get directv because a tree was in the way??? I think thats pathetic. There are plenty of places to put up a satellite, and why would one tree matter? Poor customer service.

You might try the following:

1. Contact an independent installer and see if he will agree to do the job.
2. If he agrees, before having him do it, contact Directv (you might choose the "cancel" option on their phone menu), tell them that, to get their service, you would have to pay the independent installer.
3. Give them two options: either they give you the money to pay the independent installer to do the job or you will get your TV service from a competitor.

Is it just me or does DirecTV have extremely POOR customer service. I got a new HDTV and wanted directv to come out and do an install. Professional? I dont think so. How many satellites do they have? A guy came out stood on our front porch and used his azimuth and said that we couldnt get directv because a tree was in the way??? I think thats pathetic. There are plenty of places to put up a satellite, and why would one tree matter? Poor customer service.

You know what? There might be a tree in the way! There are five satellites that you need a clear sight to. Did you discuss with him other places to put the dish?

And if they did do the install with the tree in the way, what do you think you would be doing when you couldn't get all of the channnels you're paying for? Satellite signals can not go through trees - that's a fact. As to whether or not there is a tree in the way for your signal, I don't know.

The HD system with the 5 LNB dish requires a 30 degree arc in the sky from east to west, and a 10 degree elevation arc to get you signal from all 5 sat locations.

I think thats pathetic. There are plenty of places to put up a satellite, and why would one tree matter? Poor customer service.

I realize you're upset because you have a brand new HDTV and can't get D*TV, but complaining like that is a little childish and short-sighted. You say there's "plenty of places to put up a satellite", and since you are clearly upset, why didn't you ask him about those other places while the installer was out there? Do you think he was just lying to you because he didn't want the money? Next time take a deep breath and think before you post something opinionated and slanderous like that.

The installer told me the same thing and you know what - he was correct! They don't get paid for a job not completed - don't you think they would install it if they could? I asked the installer for other options and he gave me one. The one option was twice the work and took him over 5 hours to complete. He never complained once. Deal with the fact that tall obstructions can hinder the installation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts