Directv's HDDVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello! Does Directv's HDDVR record OTA programing? Thanks!

Yes and no. The HR20's receivers have two built in ATSC OTA tuners but they've been replaced by the HR21 receivers which don't have built in ATSC OTA tuners. But you can add on the AM21 unit which adds two ATSC OTA tuners and makes the HR21 operate just like the HR20's do, the AM21 is $50 from the D* web site and if you're a new customer maybe you can get them to throw them in for free if you don't have your HD locals via satellite.

However people have been posting issues with recording OTA via the AM21, so if you definitely want to record OTA I would defiantly acquire your own HR20 from D* (if you can get them to Drop Ship), Best Buy, Circuit City, Sams or one of this sites sponsors.

However people have been posting issues with recording OTA via the AM21, so if you definitely want to record OTA I would defiantly acquire your own HR20 from D* (if you can get them to Drop Ship), Best Buy, Circuit City, Sams or one of this sites sponsors.

I don't think the BB and CC and Costco's have the HR20's anymore, at least not in my area.

Jimbo

This is a pain in the A@@. Do they plan on having any new HDDVR'S soon that will record OTA? I used to have E* but currently have nothing and was leaning towards D* but I would like the ability to record HDOTA like you can with DISH'S DVR. Any ideas? Thanks!

I live in the Duluth/Superior metro area and do not have locals yet. Any idea on when that may happen?

This is a pain in the A@@. Do they plan on having any new HDDVR'S soon that will record OTA? I used to have E* but currently have nothing and was leaning towards D* but I would like the ability to record HDOTA like you can with DISH'S DVR. Any ideas? Thanks!
No plans. BTW:I've had a AM21 on my HR21 for months (as part of the early test program). The issues I've had with it are sometimes the trick play (30sec skip, skip back, FF, RW) are slow to respond on ATSC recordings. The other issue is that sometimes when going to black between shows and commercial breaks there might be some blocks carried over from the prior scene for a 1/2 sec or so. Both of these problems some and go depending on the CE version of the software I've got loaded. The latest CE isn't doing this, have to wait to see of the new release that started going national also has the fixes. But other then that the AM21/HR21 hasn't failed to record what I wanted it to do.

I've had an AM21 hooked up to an HR21 since shortly after they were released. I've never had a single issue (running national release versions).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)