DirecTV's New Satellite Paves Path Toward 4K TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Right now the masses don't really care. Once larger 4K TV's drop under $1,000 then regular people (not us:raspberry) will pay attention. Just too early right now, but I am glad work is being done now.

Says late summer/early fall as possibility for 4k channel.
Will HR54 be out by then or can we use HR44?

Possibly... No one knows for sure other than maybe Mike White.

If White wants to become a pub member and tell us there, I'll foot the bill as he's probably a little strapped for cash

Right now the masses don't really care. Once larger 4K TV's drop under $1,000 then regular people (not us:raspberry) will pay attention. Just too early right now, but I am glad work is being done now.

When the see it, they'll care. I bought the Samsung 65" and the picture is incredible, even with upconverted content. The 4k content coming from Amazon Instant Video is flat out amazing.

My TVs are fairly new and as long as they're working well I won't replace them for 4K. If I have problems with any of them I will, but that will be years from now.

My TVs are fairly new and as long as they're working well I won't replace them for 4K. If I have problems with any of them I will, but that will be years from now.

I agree. The last TV I bought was my 46" Samsung in February 2009. Still works like its brand new. No reason to replace it with 4K until it decides to die or until 4K becomes more mainstream, which won't happen for at least another few years.

Still on its way.. D14 was designed for 4k as well.

Actually any DBS satellite can do 4k, it is just a bit stream. It is just a matter of having enough capacity in the system to allocate some bandwidth to 4k without having to cut something else off...

Actually any DBS satellite can do 4k, it is just a bit stream. It is just a matter of having enough capacity in the system to allocate some bandwidth to 4k without having to cut something else off...

Technically yes, I was was talking about reverse band where 4k will most likely will be. Anything can live anywhere! :)

I would like a new 4k TV but right now with a 18month old that like to throw things and hit the TV, I will stick with my DLP that has a plastic screen on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Client issues

On Demand - Like to add this channel to Directv Package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts