Directv's Website

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Has anyone noticed that Directv's website is incredibly slow. I'm talking 40 second page loads.

yes I have. they have redone the site and it out right sux. :mad:
damn they screwed it bad. at first I thought I had a problem with my connection or something. only on DirecTV. the home of HD Lite. :rolleyes:

cablewithaview said:
yes I have. they have redone the site and it out right sux. :mad:
damn they screwed it bad. at first I thought I had a problem with my connection or something. only on DirecTV. the home of HD Lite. :rolleyes:

Wait DIrectv has HD lite on their website too, dang it amazing!!!

actually this is a thread about Directv's website, why bring up the whold Hd lite issue??

your computer has stuff running in the back ground of windows
that what makes it slow
like any antivirus programs, small stuff

sometimes it 's better than others, ealier in the week I found it to be quite slow.
If it's not thier site, why are other site running normally ?

Jimbo

There could be routing issues which would affect different routes at different times, it could be at your ISPs end, or D* providers end (AT&T in this case), or any router that is being used at that time between your ISP and D*s site, since routing is dynamic, this can change at any time, in networking, any given packet exchange can change routes from time to time depending on the network traffic and the condition of any routers in between. This can be exasperated by any use by D*'s site to load ads or images from 3rd party servers, or other crosssite or backend (remote db access) activity which would affect D*s sites apparent loading time.

Comparing one site against all others does not tell anyone much other than they are having issues of 'some kind', since routing is dynamic, in order to narrow down where the problem lies, a traceroute should be taken at the time of the occurance of the latency, if that traceroute shows nominal latency and 0% packet loss, it can be assumed that the latency is probably caused by D*'s new site, perhaps inefficient scripts, high load, etc.

It could be slow HOPS on a server between you and the DirecTV server, its fast for me. And a trace route shows no bottlenecks, what does yours show?

It's slow for me as well, but I blame that on poor routing, not their website:

Code:
Tracing route to directv.com [147.21.128.18]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     7 ms     7 ms     7 ms  10.21.1.1
  2     7 ms     7 ms     8 ms  at-0-2-0-1710.CORE-RTR1.PORT.verizon-gni.net [130.81.10.241]
  3    18 ms    18 ms    18 ms  130.81.20.88
  4    18 ms    17 ms     *     so-6-0-0-0.PEER-RTR1.BOS.verizon-gni.net [130.81.17.169]
  5    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  POS5-0.GW5.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.129]
  6    24 ms    24 ms    24 ms  0.so-2-0-0.XL2.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.25.58]
  7    73 ms    *        73 ms  0.so-4-0-0.XL2.DEN4.ALTER.NET [152.63.123.222]
  8    74 ms    73 ms    73 ms  178.ATM6-0.GW4.DEN4.ALTER.NET [152.63.93.213]
  9     *       74 ms     *     directv-gw.customer.alter.net [157.130.167.214]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)