Direcway DW7000 modem and dish

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I haven't had satellite broadband for a couple years but still have the modem and dish. When the dish was installed the installer said the radio on the dish I did not own and wasn't allowed to keep it if I did not have service anymore. I think he said it was illigal for me to keep? I still have it and was wondering if anyone knows if that is true?
also is it worth anything to sell along with the modem?
Will the modem have any of my account info. stored on it?
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
The modem is obsolete, and the outdoor electronics soon to be. Hughes have had several plans, only you would know which one was applicable. One was where you bought the hardware up front, it was yours to keep. Another was to have $xx per month added to your bill until the equipment was paid off. Then too, it was yours to keep. Then they came up with the lease plan. It too added $xx/mo to your bill, but required you turn in the modem and outdoor electronics when you closed your account.

Bottom line, don't worry about it. If they wanted it back, they'd have already let you know. It's not lost in the mail either, cuz they'd simply have turned the matter over to a debt collection agency. As I said, the modem's worthless. But you might make a buck or two selling the outdoor stuff on eBay or equivalent. There are folks out there who buy used parts to keep their legacy systems running.

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)