Dirt help sought

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
This is far from urgent. But for at least 5 years I have been chatting and calling Dish once a year or so because of a small but important problem important to me.

Right now CNBC HD 208 a box in the lower right corner that indicates I can hear the Bernanke testimony by using SAP while they show the video in a small window.

Problem is no will tell me if Dish doesn't just get this SAP from CNBC or is just not interested in providing it. I've tried the Preferences, Alternate Audio and selecting "alternate" (as opposed to English, Spanish, etc). The closest I got from CSRs in the past was a policy statement "We transmit everything we get". No one ever just tried to get it to work there in Colorado and saying what they heard and why.

Of course before I finished typing this CNBC put the Bernanke hearing on the main screen and eliminated the box with the SAP message.

But this has been the case everytime whenever CNBC says there is an available alternate audio channel.

Steve

This is far from urgent. But for at least 5 years I have been chatting and calling Dish once a year or so because of a small but important problem important to me.

Right now CNBC HD 208 a box in the lower right corner that indicates I can hear the Bernanke testimony by using SAP while they show the video in a small window.

Problem is no will tell me if Dish doesn't just get this SAP from CNBC or is just not interested in providing it. I've tried the Preferences, Alternate Audio and selecting "alternate" (as opposed to English, Spanish, etc). The closest I got from CSRs in the past was a policy statement "We transmit everything we get". No one ever just tried to get it to work there in Colorado and saying what they heard and why.

Of course before I finished typing this CNBC put the Bernanke hearing on the main screen and eliminated the box with the SAP message.

But this has been the case everytime whenever CNBC says there is an available alternate audio channel.

Steve

I will research this and try to get an answer for you. Just to verify, you get no Spanish audio on 208 correct?

I will research this and try to get an answer for you. Just to verify, you get no Spanish audio on 208 correct?
I never tried Spanish before but just trying it now Spanish is identical to English. But right now there is no box on the screen claiming an SAP.

By the way the "Alternate" Alternate audio is just below "Chinese" Alternate audio and TCM or AMC (never remember which) sometimes carries "Descriptive Audio" for sight challenged viewers. It only happens when the movie supplied to them has this Descriptive Audio channel. I ran into this because of switching to "Alternate" Alternate audio and forgetting that I did this. Then months later I happen on a movie with this audio channel to hear a moderator say "Jesse crosses the room" and "Alan leaves and Jesse begins to sob" between the actual dialog. Quite interesting but nothing to do with my current problem. I just mentioned it in case you didn't know what "Alternate" alternate audio is.

IMG_20120301_075023-1.jpg
A pretty bad picture of the lower right corner of 208HD when they are saying there is a SAP audio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)