30th Anniversary promo ending

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
So does anyone have any idea if Dish will be offering any time of promo to those people who were on the 30th anniversary free premium gift?

I was one of those lucky guys who actually got 12 months free Starz (later switched to HBO & Showtime), 12 months free Platinum and 12 months free Encore Movie pack.

I know I was very lucky to get all three, and I am very thankful.

Just wondering if Dish will soften the blow for someone like me who will lose everything on Feb 1.

I will definitely have a heart attack when everything goes, and upping my package by 40$ to get everything back is not an option.

Hoping maybe Dish will offer 50% off for a while or something like that...

Maybe DIRT knows?

So does anyone have any idea if Dish will be offering any time of promo to those people who were on the 30th anniversary free premium gift?

I was one of those lucky guys who actually got 12 months free Starz (later switched to HBO & Showtime), 12 months free Platinum and 12 months free Encore Movie pack.

I know I was very lucky to get all three, and I am very thankful.

Just wondering if Dish will soften the blow for someone like me who will lose everything on Feb 1.

I will definitely have a heart attack when everything goes, and upping my package by 40$ to get everything back is not an option.

Hoping maybe Dish will offer 50% off for a while or something like that...

Maybe DIRT knows?

Get those paddles ready!

Well, after playing a few rounds of CSR roulette yesterday, it would seem that there is a 3 month free Blockbuster Movie Pass offer available and the 6 months of Starz for 50% off seems to also be available for HBO & Cinemax.

I was told 12 more months of free HD Platinum Pack or 6 months of HBO, Starz, or Cinemax for half-price. A 24-month commitment is required in either case.

Do I need to call and cancel the free starz, or will they just shut it off after the 30 aniv promo ends. I really don't want to have to talk to them.

Do I need to call and cancel the free starz, or will they just shut it off after the 30 aniv promo ends. I really don't want to have to talk to them.
should be automatic as we never actually signed up for it in the first place. It was Dish doing it all themselves.

Edit: iceberg beat me to it... heh

the 30 year promo automatically drops off

Unless you took them up on the offer to switch the last 3 months for HBO/Cinemax. Then you need to go into your account online, "My Offers", and change the drop down for both to "Do Not Continue".

Mine runs out in three days. Started getting on screen nag windows about it yesterday.

Ice is correct the 30th anniversary gift will automatically fall off no action is required on your part, the my offers is for the 6 months half priced or for 3 months at no cost.

Same here. I think the actual dates for my promo was Feb 2nd. It will probably drop of tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)