DIRT says its impossible to order 722K, you may get a 722 non K

Racer47

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
My 722 hard drive failed. I want to replace it with a 722K. Dish chat says no problem and then sends me a 722 non K. I contact DIRT through twitter (which actually worked very well, so bonus pts for Dish), he says they can't specify 722 or 722K, you just get whatever they have in stock.

Is this really true? What does it take to get a K? I sent the new(refurb) 722 that I just got back to Dish and he is going to send me another one. If I get a K I'll keep it, if not, I'll send it back. This is not very efficient.

If I don't get a K, who is the best retailer where I can just buy a K?

Thanks for any info guys. I've been lurking around here for a very long time. I just don't post much.

My 722 hard drive failed. I want to replace it with a 722K. Dish chat says no problem and then sends me a 722 non K. I contact DIRT through twitter (which actually worked very well, so bonus pts for Dish), he says they can't specify 722 or 722K, you just get whatever they have in stock.

Is this really true? What does it take to get a K? I sent the new(refurb) 722 that I just got back to Dish and he is going to send me another one. If I get a K I'll keep it, if not, I'll send it back. This is not very efficient.

If I don't get a K, who is the best retailer where I can just buy a K?

Thanks for any info guys. I've been lurking around here for a very long time. I just don't post much.
Solid signal .Com , Or even Ebay.
https://www.solidsignal.com/m/Search.aspx?q=722k

But Ebay unless it's new in box, I would stay away.
http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_nkw=Dish Network 722k&ssPageName=GSTL&_mwBanner=1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There is no way to order a specific receiver, only a class of receiver(in your case the 622 family). If an RA, you'll likely get the same thing you have unless they have none in stock. Dishdepot.com is always a place I look into, but then there is also solidsignal.com as well.

Reactions: Troch77
There is no way to order a specific receiver, only a class of receiver(in your case the 622 family). If an RA, you'll likely get the same thing you have unless they have none in stock. Dishdepot.com is always a place I look into, but then there is also solidsignal.com as well.
Here is Dish Depot link.
https://dishdepot.com/product-category/dish/receivers/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Used to be a trick that if you ordered the 722K OTA module at the same time would get you a 722K, since the OTA module for the K was different. That still work? Best I recall, that's how I got a K, back in the day.

Thanks for the replies.

I actually asked them something similar to this "There is no way to order a specific receiver, only a class of receiver(in your case the 622 family)." I asked "Why is that any different than getting a 612 or 311 or whatever, they are different models" And the DIRT reply was "The 311 and 612 are different models. The 722 and 722k are the same model, just different generations. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I know this has been an ongoing hassle with Dish since the 501 vs 508 models. Most people don't know and/or don't care. I'm fine with that. But when a customer knows exactly what they want, why can't Dish simply supply the correct receiver?

Solid Signal and Dish Depot are my normal places to order. I didn't know if anyone new came on the scene that I didn't know about yet. If the K lottery turns up bust, I guess I'll just buy what I actually want.

Used to be a trick that if you ordered the 722K OTA module at the same time would get you a 722K, since the OTA module for the K was different. That still work? Best I recall, that's how I got a K, back in the day.

That sounds like a great idea. I'm going to try that.

If you have a good local retailer they can put in whatever you want. :)
Thats a good option too. I never tried locally

I just tried to update my order but they said it was too late, already been shipped.

I guess I'll wait until the box shows up and see whats inside.

Be careful with Claude's idea. It's a good one, but if it has major major customer caused damage, they will charge for the replacement. And if you don't have the protection plan, it would cost about $90.

Just to let you know what happened, if you’re interested.

3 times Dish sent me a refurb 722 non K that I sent back. One time they sent me a 722 non K and an OTA module that only fits a K. I finally gave up and bought a used K. They claim it is “impossible” to specify a K, however last year when my K failed (I had a 722 and 722K at the time), they sent me a refurb K on the first try. So much for impossible.

In terms of Dish help, no DIRT member responded here. I pm'd 2 of them who were on the site recently.

The twitter thing works well. Its @dish_answers. They responded within 10 minutes but they also sent me a 722 non K. Then they forwarded me to the “Office of the President” which is supposed to be the highest level of customer service. An actual, English as a first language, person answered the phone after 2 or 3 levels of press 1 for this, 2 for that, etc. They seemed helpful but also sent a non K. As a bonus to those reading this, their phone number is 888-826-8137. Maybe someone here will have an issue that the “Office of the President” can actually solve.

Other maybe useful data, all of the 722 non K’s I’ve seen are receiver number R008…
All of the K’s I’ve seen are R010…. or R011 receiver numbers.

As mentioned, you will get the same version of what you have if in stock. There is no way to specify a different receiver in the same family.

Don't have them send you one. Set up a service call and you have a pretty good chance the (internal tech) will have a 722k on the truck/van to replace what you have. Every time you order an ra through the call center you will receive your exact model

Not every time. If they have no stock, they will ship the alternative in the same family. Techs will carry what their warehouse stocks them with. I know the techs here carry 722's, as that is what the warehouse has stocked. The k comes in occasionally, but less often than one would think. The 211k comes in here over the non k, but from what I am told they have z's... I am guessing it will be Wally's soon enough.

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts