DIRT TEAM: Need help... Upgrade to Hopper but need to move existing recordings

dtw

Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
CA
I just upgraded to the Hopper system yesterday. Tech came out and did a great job doing the install (we had a few issues and he was very patient and helpful). The tech got the Hopper wired up and got it activated -- that's working great. Since I upgraded from a VIP622, I had some recordings I needed to move to the EHD. I initially tried to move the recordings to the EHD but couldn't since the sat input to the VIP622 was disconnected -- the tech figured out that the VIP622 needs a sat signal to use the EHD function so he was able to rewire so that I could still get the sat input to the VIP622. So, I finally started to transfer some of the shows to the EHD and it looked like I'm good. Tech said that I could keep the VIP622 to transfer my recordings off and he'll either come by tomorrow to pick up the VIP622 or I can send it in (since it is a leased unit). However, about an hour ago (around 1am PDT), my VIP622 effectively is disabled -- can't view my subscriptions (which is fine since the VIP622 was left behind only so I can transfer my recordings) nor can I access the EHD functionality (it's complaining that I need to have that feature enabled). I still have some recordings left that I need to transfer to the EHD. What can I do now?

Please help!

IF any one could help they can but not sure how hard their hands are tied. Original tech didnt know that after it gets signal to tell you start the transfer and pull the sat line so they dont shut it off. Had to do this once when my second tunner craped out and i replaced my box but only had a 100gb drive to transfer with. It worked every time untill i got all i need and shipped it back.

Keep us posted what happens

Probably not a whole lot that can be done since there can't be any VIP equipment active on an account once H/J are online, from what I understand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)