Disable VOD?

browerjs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Beavercreek, OH
Is it possible to disable VOD on the dish boxes. I don't really care about the hard drive space it takes up, but I don't like the fact that it's sucking up my bandwidth, and considering I never plan on renting any of the VOD stuff (I'll stick to BluRays on netflix), I don't need it downloaded.

Just removing the cat5 cable from the box isn't a solution because I use it so I don't have to pay the $5 monthly fee.

Disabling the VOD will not get you more recording time on your dvr. I removed the channel 501 VOD from my guide and I never go to the DishOnLine section. Just don't use it.

I don't care about the hard drive usage, but I don't want it to use the bandwidth. It's my understanding that the VOD stuff is downloaded before it shows up in the guide, I'm guessing if i just hide it in the guide, that it will still download it.

Is it possible to disable VOD on the dish boxes. I don't really care about the hard drive space it takes up, but I don't like the fact that it's sucking up my bandwidth, and considering I never plan on renting any of the VOD stuff (I'll stick to BluRays on netflix), I don't need it downloaded.

Just removing the cat5 cable from the box isn't a solution because I use it so I don't have to pay the $5 monthly fee.

The movies on 501 are recorded off the satellite, done when you arent using the box at night etc...

Only Dishonline uses the Internet connection to pull video files and thats only when you tell it to download something you choose.

With the speed of my connection, the 1080p stuff would still be downloading from day one of its release if it came that way LOL

The movies on 501 are recorded off the satellite, done when you arent using the box at night etc...

Only Dishonline uses the Internet connection to pull video files and thats only when you tell it to download something you choose.

With the speed of my connection, the 1080p stuff would still be downloading from day one of its release if it came that way LOL

Thanks for clearing that up...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)