Did we almost lose HDNet & HDNet Movies?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been sick the past few days and today I got back to work today and got this retailer alert in my inbox from over the weekend...

My question is did we almost lose HDNet and HDNet Movies?

Takedown of HDNet and HDNet Movies
Effective Sunday, August 31, 2008 (11:59pm PT), HDNet and HDNet Movies have discontinued delivery of their channel to DISH Network customers. DISH Network deeply regrets the disruption of service, but prior to the loss of HDNet and HDNet Movies, the networks refused to negotiate a fair and reasonable price that fairly reflected the channels’ overall ratings, performance, and value for continued carriage.

DISH Network continues to have the lowest all digital price everyday for our customers. In order to remain the best value for our customers and offer competitive pricing for their programming, we, at times, have to have an interruption of service while we negotiate for low pricing.

In the meantime, DISH Network recommends programming similar to HDNet on the ESPN HD (Ch. 140) and MHD (Ch. 369, name changing to Palladia on 9/3/08), while comparable programming for HDNet Movies can be found on Universal HD (Ch. 366) and MGM HD (Ch.385).

this is the kind of bs i'm sick of!. where are those "savings"? leave my programming alone!

I am being told there was a notice on the Retailers Website about this, and that it was taken down earlier. It looks like they might have come to an agreement.

We better not lose HD Net Movies... I just got my 722 and my external hard drive so there's about fifteen movies on my dvr list for the next two weeks. Hope this isn't the topic of the special retailer chat this week.

Hey Charlie -- Please stop trying to "save" me my $.38/month share of this channel or that channel. I've already bought a BMW with the money I saved by losing VOOM, so from now on I'll just be happy with the extra content.

Voom, GolTV, HDNet, and on and on. What's next? HBO, Showtime, Espn?

they already once dropped espn classic a few years ago just to bring it back. this is what i truly hate about charlie. again where are those nice "savings"? only for his wallet!

Hey Charlie -- Please stop trying to "save" me my $.38/month share of this channel or that channel. I've already bought a BMW with the money I saved by losing VOOM, so from now on I'll just be happy with the extra content.

lol:D

Yea Exactly! What money is he saving the average customer over any other provider? I'd like to know the answer to that. The BS false pricing he puts on his flyers. I've yet to see more then a $13 per month saving over D* for the same system I currently have right now. Only difference is D* seems to be adding some channels ( Very Slowly) but at least their not taking 2 away for every one they add. Right now E* could easily get sues IMO for Dropping VOOM without notice and GOL TV. If some loved these channels and picked E* because they carried these ,what the point of maintaining service with E*. Keep setting yourself up to get sued Charlie. I for one would right on the horn if they drop something I like. Right to the local news paper and News stations.

And if Scott had not posted the info from the email, we wouldn't have known anything about it. Standard contract negotiation tactics.

Where have we heard this story before (same story, different channels)? Maybe Charlie should just start creating his own programming and then he'd only have to fight with himself.

Voom, GolTV, HDNet, and on and on. What's next? HBO, Showtime, Espn?
I don't know, but it has been almost 3-years since Charlie battled the women at Lifetime Networks...perhaps they are next on his "Cost Savings" agenda. After all, he is getting ready to folk over almost $100 million to TiVo this week and needs to make up the difference.

its getting harder and harder to have any kind of confidence in E*. I mean, launch all the new sats you want, eastern arc all you want...but it all doesn't do any of us any good if they keep screwing around with the programming!

this is ridiculous...

And if Scott had not posted the info from the email, we wouldn't have known anything about it. Standard contract negotiation tactics.
I haven't seen any channels suddenly disappear on FiOS TV with or without notice. The next time I get into a dispute with my wife I will close-out all bank accounts, deposit the money into an individual account, change the locks on the doors, and move her stuff onto the front lawn. I'll let you know how well the negotiations go and how quickly we reestablish a harmonious relationship...:rolleyes:

Let's face facts...E* has more programming disputes than all major Pay TV providers combined.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)