Disappearing Closed Caption on 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
PStecker said:
GaryPen,

Are there any HDTVs that do support CC via DVI/Component input?
I do not know.
Yes I know about 811's ability to display CC, but it doesn't caption *ANY* of the HD channels I have (CBSHD, TNTHD, DISCHD, etc) except for ESPNHD, but that is random at best.

I get captioning on many HD and OTA DTV broadcasts. I find that an 811 reboot will usually restore it, if it's not showing. However, in some cases the originating source may not be providing it.

I do get CC on HBOHD but not on the other HD channels. Initially my 811 also got CC for ABCHD but after Dish released the first software fix I lost CC on ABC. I used to have a Samsung T151 OTA HD receiver before the 811 and it displayed CC for CBSHD, NBCHD, and ABCHD. Since the Samsung displayed CC for the OTA channels and the 811 doesn't my guess is that it's probably something wrong with the 811.

N

Yup! I can't turn it off. Dish tech said I could get a new 811 but I would have to pay for the shipping. The only way that I can avoid paying the shipping is to sign up for the credit card auto payment. What a Bull Crap!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)