Disappointing Q4 earnings report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060315/media_echostar_earns.html?.v=2

.S. satellite television broadcaster EchoStar Communications Corp. (NasdaqNM:DISH - News) on Wednesday posted a higher profit as subscriber numbers rose.

The second-largest satellite TV provider, which operates under the DISH Network brand, posted fourth-quarter net income of $133 million, or 30 cents per share, up from a profit of $70 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier. Analysts polled by Reuters Estimates had expected the company to post earnings of 35 cents per shares.

The company added 330,000 net new subscribers in the quarter, ending the year with about 12.04 million DISH Network subscribers.

Revenue for the quarter rose 12.8 percent to $2.8 billion.

Geronimo said:
http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/060315/media_echostar_earns.html?.v=2

.S. satellite television broadcaster EchoStar Communications Corp. (NasdaqNM:DISH - News) on Wednesday posted a higher profit as subscriber numbers rose.

The second-largest satellite TV provider, which operates under the DISH Network brand, posted fourth-quarter net income of $133 million, or 30 cents per share, up from a profit of $70 million, or 15 cents per share, a year earlier. Analysts polled by Reuters Estimates had expected the company to post earnings of 35 cents per shares.

The company added 330,000 net new subscribers in the quarter, ending the year with about 12.04 million DISH Network subscribers.

Revenue for the quarter rose 12.8 percent to $2.8 billion.

There is nothing here to be dissapointing about:D
If some "analysts" are then let them live in their imaginary world of future forecasts:D

Double your profit year over year and that's a dissapointment????

I guess there is a reason that analyst starts with anal :D

I saw the numbers and if I were Charlie I would be singing Zipidy Doo Dah all day long. Nothing disapointing with those numbers at all.

analysts will never be happy with profits. They believe a company could ALWAYS have gotten more new customers, cut costs, or come up with something even more amazing then their competition. Even if they had 100% market share, and were somehow getting all the channels for free, yet still charging customers for everything the analysts would still find something wrong with that business model.

I've worked in retail long enough to know that no matter how high slaes are, they never meet goals.

Praise the doubling of PROFITS all you want but remember where those profits came from,your wallet and mine do you really want to see profits DOUBLE?

boba said:
Praise the doubling of PROFITS all you want but remember where those profits came from,your wallet and mine do you really want to see profits DOUBLE?

More profits -> more investments -> more HD.
And I care about it more then extra $3 per month for the next year.:D

And you wonder what all those new fees where for that Charlie came up with?

dvr fees PER RECIEVER of 5.00
Dual tuner fee -no phone line connected for 5.00
hd enabeling fees of 6.00
Lease fee PER RECEIVER 6.00

Yeah , I am sure he doubled his profit from last year. I bet next year he will triple his profit with all these new extra fees. Just wait till next year . I am sure he will come up with some new ones we haven't thought of yet.

Add to that that with these new vip receivers you have to sub to the metallic packs to escape the hd enabeling fee so I am sure that his profit will go up and his average purchase per sub. The metalic packs include the hd channels so they automatically will get higher average subscriber purchase per month. Not to mention that if you want a new dvr receiver whether you are a new customer or a existing one , you will pay up front the 299.99 for the 622 or the 99.99 for the 211. So Dish's profit will go way up next year at this time.

OF course their CHURN rate will still be high . That is where the numbers are disappointing with both Dish and Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)