Disasamblying the 54.0 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Does anyone have any experience with disasamblying the 54.0 remote? I accidentally dropped the remote in a bucket of soapy floor cleaner. I dried it as best as I could but it is still dead as a door knob. I am sure if I can disasamble it then I will be able to clean it properly and it should work.

I found under the back cover 2 tiny Torx screws which I removed but still I cannot open it. Before I apply any brute force to open it I may try to rinse it good with clean water and then try to dry it again. Any other ideas?

I never took the 54 apart. But I can attest to the fact that my computer keyboard, into which I spilled my coffee, never dried out for several weeks. I completely disassembled it, finished drying it, and it worked again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does anyone have any experience with disasamblying the 54.0 remote? I accidentally dropped the remote in a bucket of soapy floor cleaner. I dried it as best as I could but it is still dead as a door knob. I am sure if I can disasamble it then I will be able to clean it properly and it should work.

I found under the back cover 2 tiny Torx screws which I removed but still I cannot open it. Before I apply any brute force to open it I may try to rinse it good with clean water and then try to dry it again. Any other ideas?
You live in AZ I would wipe the outside good and put it in the shade outside for a couple of days then try it, lean it so the side buttons are pointed up.

Yes earlier it was 100° in the shade here. I washed it good with clean water and left it outside in the sun for 6 Hrs and it is still dead. Maybe 6hr is not enough. Now I am trying to pair an old Dish 21.0 remote and having problems, I am starting a new thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Wasn't easy for sure. None of the cell phone type opening tools worked and I have a all of them. Basically this remote wasn't designed to be opened, it felt like it was glued shut and that was after removing the two small Torx screws from behind the back cover. It had at least 20 of those very strong latching snaps. The only way to pry it was to stick a fairly large screw driver through that orange spacer which is NOT a simple trim and in the process break at least a couple of these snaps. Once you are able feed the screwdriver in then slowly you can separate and open it completely. I have taken apart many remote controls and this one is of the best constructed mechanically and electronically. All the buttons are actually tactical switches, none of these crappy carbon coated rubber dome contacts. Sorry I forgot to take some pictures.

Wasn't easy for sure. None of the cell phone type opening tools worked and I have a all of them. Basically this remote wasn't designed to be opened, it felt like it was glued shut and that was after removing the two small Torx screws from behind the back cover. It had at least 20 of those very strong latching snaps. The only way to pry it was to stick a fairly large screw driver through that orange spacer which is NOT a simple trim and in the process break at least a couple of these snaps. Once you are able feed the screwdriver in then slowly you can separate and open it completely. I have taken apart many remote controls and this one is of the best constructed mechanically and electronically. All the buttons are actually tactical switches, none of these crappy carbon coated rubber dome contacts. Sorry I forgot to take some pictures.
Did you take some pics?

I had to disassembling one of my 54.0 remotes again and this time I took some pictures.
54.0 back.jpg
54.0 front.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)