Disconnect/reconnect needed to restore?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BarryD

Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
Austin, Texas
I am using a VIP211k receiver with an extra Dish500 w/DP-Plus LNBF (AK72-BTE), 110, 119, that I use for camping. I bought it used and it seemed to work correctly once before.

A couple of weeks ago I could only get it to work intermittently, so yesterday I tried to point it here at home. I set the receiver to the point-dish screen, Sat 119, transponder 11 and it gives me a strong signal. I then change the transponder to (anything else) and put it back to 11 and the signal is gone (no matter how long I wait).

I find that in order to restore the signal I only need to disconnect the cable for a few seconds and then reconnect it; the signal comes back full strength.

The same thing happens if I temporarily change to a different satellite and then back. The same thing happens if I start on transponder 19.

Does this mean that the LNBF is bad? Would my local installers be able to test it to find out for sure?

A second question: My goal is to get 119 and 129 with this dish-500 setup. I know the angle is slightly different between 110/119 vs 119/129, but would you expect it to be "close enough" to work? (My home setup is a Dish1000 with 110, 119, 129.)

Ok... one more. What transponder/spot-beam should I use to aim for 129?

Thanks for your insights.
Barry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts