Downgrade in programming package

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I am a current Dish customer with the everything package and due to money problems I neede to downgrade my service. What is the cheapest package for a current customer.I know they will charge me to downgrade my service but at this time I cannot afford it.

Thanks,
BruceE

If you do not need all those movie channels then I think a good choice is AT250 as it still has some movie packages. It does not hurt to try it as you can always upgrade again. I think AEP, having all those movie channels, is a waste in my opinion. I used to have the package and you can only watch one movie at a time. You are better off switching movie packages every few months as everything ends up being repeats anyways.

What I tell everybody to do is just record a bunch of movies onto the DVR then cancel the movie package for a while and watch the movies when you want.

This is the response I got when I questioned what you got with the welcome pack:

The Welcome Pack is $14.99 with local channels and it would include your locals, AMC, Bloomberg, Boomerang, Comedy Central, CMT, Discovery Kids, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, History, Home and Garden, HSN, ICTV, TLC, MSNBC, MTV2, Oxygen, QVC, ShopNBC, The Weather Channel, TBS, and WE:Women's Entertainment.

Without the local channels it is $9.99.

This is the response I got when I questioned what you got with the welcome pack:

The Welcome Pack is $14.99 with local channels and it would include your locals, AMC, Bloomberg, Boomerang, Comedy Central, CMT, Discovery Kids, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, History, Home and Garden, HSN, ICTV, TLC, MSNBC, MTV2, Oxygen, QVC, ShopNBC, The Weather Channel, TBS, and WE:Women's Entertainment.

Without the local channels it is $9.99.

I think that you can add Encore a la carte for $4.99 with The Welcome Pack. At $19.98 (or $14.98 without locals) before taxes and other fees, that really is not a bad deal when considering the packages that some cable companies have at that price which usually only include locals and possibly a few other channels like shopping channels. From my understanding, Encore a la carte includes: 341-Encore West, 342-Encore Westerns, 343-Encore Action, 344-Encore Mystery, 345-Encore Drama, and 346-Encore Love. From my understanding, 340-Encore East (which is available in Starz or Gold 250 with HD) is not included as well as 347-Encore Wam (which is available in Gold 250). I really hope that helps. It would allow you to watch some movies, too.

This is the channel list that I posted a while back when questioning about the packages:

LOCALS ($5.00--$9.99 without welcome pack):

Varies by location

WELCOME PACK ($9.99):

84 HSN
85 SRN
86 Jewelry Television
107 Comedy Central
110 Food Network
111 DIY
112 HGTV
120 History
127 Oxygen
128 WE Tv
130 AMC
137 QVC
139 TBS
161 MTV 2
166 CMT
175 Boomerang
179 Discovery Kids
183 TLC
185 Hallmark
203 Bloomberg
209 Msnbc
214 The Weather Channel
222 Home Shopping Network
228 Shop NBC

Encore Pack ($4.99--does not include Encore WAM):

341 Encore West
342 Encore Westerns
343 Encore Action
344 Encore Mystery
345 Encore Drama
346 Encore Love

I was also told that the PI pack can be added as well. I do not believe that costs extra either.

YMMV

If you do not need all those movie channels then I think a good choice is AT250 as it still has some movie packages. It does not hurt to try it as you can always upgrade again. I think AEP, having all those movie channels, is a waste in my opinion. I used to have the package and you can only watch one movie at a time. You are better off switching movie packages every few months as everything ends up being repeats anyways.

What I tell everybody to do is just record a bunch of movies onto the DVR then cancel the movie package for a while and watch the movies when you want.

Each to his own I had the until I went to the absolute w/ 4 premiums & max for a penny. I now have dropped Playboy and when max no longer is a penny it will go away too. I really like movie channels but I'm down to right at $65 per month now. My bro is wondering how I can get more channels in HD than he w/ the classic 200 + a couple of premiums and cost less .

Absolute is no longer available for existing customers though, right? Don't the locals come in HD even without an HD package?

I do know that you can get Encore package with the Welcome Package. You can also get the CD music channels for $4.99 as well. I saw it on someone's bill recently. Encore thematic package is a great deal for those on a budget. I think it also helps retain customers by offering packages like this. I do not think Directv has such a package as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)