Discoveryhd breaking up

I have not noticed it but I noted that 261 would ahve occasion pixing but in a two hour period only saw it once. I am wondering if VOOM is testing and playing with bitrate. One reason for 261 to be in clear.

I also lost 241 tonight. Just a black screen. No amount of changing the channel up/down would help. This was about 2 hours ago.

vurbano, finally got a chance to watch Discovery HD between 8-9 PM here in Seattle. All seemed fine. We have been getting brief audio dropouts 3-4 times an hour on all the stations we watch both OTA and sat but since we got some dropouts on a DVD the other day (had attributed it to poor DVD manufacture) it may be our HT receiver.

Still watching HDTV with more heavy rain in the Seattle forecast, Gill

Sean Mota said:
Lost the picture momentarily but it came back after a few seconds....
It was doing that from 8-9pm regularly like every couple of minutes. The other stations seemed ok to me.

I saw it too vurbano. I was watching BIG and it would drop the audio, pixelate the image and go into the "No Signal on channel 601" screen all throughout the hour I was trying to watch. The other channels seemed fine.

GabeNet said:
I saw it too vurbano. I was watching BIG and it would drop the audio, pixelate the image and go into the "No Signal on channel 601" screen all throughout the hour I was trying to watch. The other channels seemed fine.
Yup the BIG Crane toy arcade machine. Good that confirms it wasnt my weather. Voom must have been screwing with the channel.

"Voom must have been screwing with the channel." Maybe Discovery?

Watched much of BIG between 8-9 PM last night and no problems by then.

Still watching HDTV under light rain in Seattle, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)