Discrete command for closed caption?

I had the 550 for a while, (hated it...screen too small and dim for these old eyes to see) but I seem to remember having troubles with the "A" & "B" buttons as well. Perhaps you can find a different unused hard button or create a soft one in the view screen. And indeed I did forget that once you change the state of the CC mode, you must save it before exiting.

The same is true for the Hopper. You must save the CC mode after changing it. Fooling around with it last night I saw that if it is in the OFF state, the cursor snaps exactly where it needs to be on "ON" so a complete one button sequence should work once the placement of the cursor bug is fixed.

It would then be: Yellow/3/Select/Select/Live TV.

I only tried the A & B buttons because they were not used for anything. I don’t like the small, hard volume & channel buttons on the 550. They blend in with their surroundings & it’s difficult to use them. I have to really feel around in order to make sure which one I’m pressing.

I’ve relegated the Harmony to just turning the system on/off because it sets up whatever I want to watch. The Dish remote is so much easier to use. The RCA remote is used mainly for the HTPC, but since it has 2 macro buttons I use those for CC on both sources.

I timed the RCA 12 step macro best possible & several times & it took about 5 seconds. I then changed the macro to 10 steps as per the above posting. This reduced the time to about 4 seconds. So it looks like there might be 1 second left to be squeezed out. Of course the 722K may be faster or slower than your Hopper. But I would think if anything that the newer Hopper would be faster
Maybe the new one is faster. The problem on Hopper is the delay on each new screen. It won't take any commands while a screen is loading. After a screen is open, I can send commands very fast. DirecTV works differently. It will buffer commands as fast as you can send them, but takes its own sweet time executing them.

I haven't had satellite for over a year now, so my memory is fading. On WMC, it's only 3 steps: Left, Left, OK.

Well, my Harmony macro was working fine until the latest update which added all of the CC options. Now, when you are activating CC, after you click on "Yes", the cursor goes over the "Font" options instead of "Save". When you turn CC off, it works as it previously did. Very frustrated that the cursor doesn't move to the same default key after you toggle CC on or off. A 7 step command "Yellow, 3, Select, right, right, select, exit" would work with both, but the Harmony sequences are limited to 5 commands. Any chance they will fix this in a future update?

Well, my Harmony macro was working fine until the latest update which added all of the CC options. Now, when you are activating CC, after you click on "Yes", the cursor goes over the "Font" options instead of "Save". When you turn CC off, it works as it previously did. Very frustrated that the cursor doesn't move to the same default key after you toggle CC on or off. A 7 step command "Yellow, 3, Select, right, right, select, exit" would work with both, but the Harmony sequences are limited to 5 commands. Any chance they will fix this in a future update?
Yep, I noticed this as well. I just posted a similar response in the other Hopper With Sling Software Version S334 thread before reading this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts