Diseq 4x1 switch work with Dish/DirecTv lnb's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I am not familiar with this FTA stuff and was wondering if these 4x1 diseq switches work with the Dish Network / Directv lnb's? Can you use a combination of the regular circular polarization lnb's and the FSS lnb like Dish Network used for 105/121 on these diseq switches? How much unscrambled content is available using these eyes?

DiSEqC switches will work great with the LNBFs you mentioned on a FTA receiver. A receiver that directly supports bandstacked LNBs would be the easiest choice, although you can always translate the frequencies if the receiver doesn't support them. Not a lot unscrambled on the Dish birds unless you want background music (we are Dish subscribers so I don't keep a running count). Great targets for pointing multisatellite dishes, however.

Your 4x1 diseqc switches will handle either kind ....
Circular DBS or their Standard FSS LNBs.
And of course both Legacy, and bandstacked which they call DishPro.
We talk about the bandstacked LNBs here, quite often.

If you want to use the integrated two-satellite LNBs, that might be a special case.
Some of those draw a lot more power that you'd expect.
They contain a built-in diseqc switch, so they are not good candidates.

As for programming, like Pendragon I subscribe, so I'm a little blase.
It's hard to get excited about the "barker channel", the advertizing channels, the help channels, the "you are receiving XXX° satellite!" channel, "here's what's on Pay Per view" (if its still FTA), and crap like that.
Other than a possible radio music channel or two, I believe the only FTA programming is Angel One, and NASA (those are on 119°).

Some users seem excited to occasional find a channel that's FTE (forgot to encrypt).
To each his own, I suppose, but they don't last long, and they don't do much for me.
I do not have a circular LNB on my FTA setup, and wouldn't install one if I dropped Dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)