Diseqc confusing the motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
My motor seems to get confused now that there is a Captive works Diseqc switch inline with the setup.

Do I need to be aware of any protocols/settings in the Coolsat 5000 or should I get a new Diseqc switch.

Whats happening is when I switch from different satellites, it will take longer for the motor to reach the desired position. Sometimes it may cycle through the whole arc before deciding "hey, here is where I go!" Any thoughts?

have you got the switch before the motor? ive been told this can cause problems. here is how i have mine

ird -> motor -> diseqc -> lnb

and it works great

Motors

Most motors, have a disc switch built into them.. that is why it is getting confused. you are going thru 2 disc switches.. Would need to know more about what you are doing to give any further advice..

txsgent said:
Most motors, have a disc switch built into them.. that is why it is getting confused. you are going thru 2 disc switches.. Would need to know more about what you are doing to give any further advice..

Huh!

Can you name one of those motors with the in built DiSEqC switch?

My Satcontrol SM3D22 has a two port DiSEqC switch built into it.

Most motors do NOT have built in switches. The have built in Diseqc command support. If a motor DOES have a built in switch, it would also need multiple LNBF connections on the motor. That is not the norm.

We can argue whether they do or they don't for a long time, so I will restate my view and understanding, My Motor the digipower also goes by other names, the SG2100 motor both Stab Motors, the 90 and the 120 all use built in disq 1.2 or 1.3, those are the most popular brands made and used. If research has been done that is.. Stab is made in Italy and only sold by Fortec in the US SG2100 is a less expensive motor around 70 bucks but rated as good as any competitor.. I don't know what brand you have, but like I am restating, most horizon to horizon motors that are popular, for small dishes up to 3' depending on the motor have Diseq built into them... sorry if yours doesn't. No you don't need multiple outputs.. you have a motor. that goes satellite to satellite...You must also consider, that the LNB, the motor and the diseq all draw power off of the STB, it only puts out so much voltage put too much load on it with extra receivers, or an extra diseq, it can interfere with the quality of the picture you get.

Last edited:
"Most motors, have a disc switch built into them.." Your quote ! My hh90 does not have a built in switch. It DOES use the Diseqc command set. There is a difference between having a built in switch, and a motor using the command set.

My only objection to your posts is that claim that "Most motors, have a disc switch built into them.." .

:)

PSB said:
My Motec SG2100 uses DiSEqC 1.2 or DiSEqC 1.3 (USALS)

http://www.usals.info/inglese/home.htm

Not to be confused with a DiSEqC switch (2 way / 4 way...) That is a special satellite splitter letting you hook up multiple LNB's :)

I run the sg2100 motor and I do not use a diseq external switch.. I go to all satellites, and watch all channels that I chose to program into my system. Why you all think you need the external diseq in addition to that, I will not understand... just my view... If you need to use in addition an external switch to make it work, then it is more than likely your receiver, that is not compatible or you have a faulty disq in your motor..

Last edited:
txsgent said:
I run the sg2100 motor and I do not use a diseq external switch.. I go to all satellites, (82,91,110,119) and watch all channels that I chose to program into my system. Why you all think you need the external diseq in addition to that, I will not understand... just my view...

Ha ha!

So your SG2100 does NOT have a DiSEqC switch after all then!

What FTA are you getting on 82/91/110/and 119ºw????????????????

txsgent said:
I run the sg2100 motor and I do not use a diseq external switch.. I go to all satellites, (82,91,110,119) and watch all channels that I chose to program into my system. Why you all think you need the external diseq in addition to that, I will not understand... just my view...

As several have stated, the motor is diseqc compliant not a diseqc switch. Diseqc is a hardware and software protocol that different devices use to communicate. A diseqc switch accepts some commands sent out by your STB and your motor responds to other diseqc commands meant for it. If you have more than one dish or LNBFs with more than one output, then your STB needs to be able to switch between them since you only have one input on your STB but many outputs coming from your LNBFs. Which satellite the motor can point your dish to is irrelevant.

"Originally Posted by txsgent
I run the sg2100 motor and I do not use a diseq external switch.. I go to all satellites, (82,91,110,119) and watch all channels that I chose to program into my system. Why you all think you need the external diseq in addition to that, I will not understand... just my view..."

You can delete the above all you want :)

PLEASE answer the PM or pager message I sent you ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I answered your pm and I had to correct what I stated only because I momentarily forgot the rules of this site.. That was why I corrected it to be compliant with this sites rules.. Sorry for that mistake..

Not answering PM!

Only thing worse than a hacker is a dumb argumentative hacker!

GARBAGE still no PM!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)