4311wade

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 25, 2021
Charleston West Virginia
Team
I have a new Edision mini.
After the learning curve I’ve learned how to set up and scan in satellites. However I’m struggling with my KU motor not moving from satellite to satellite automatically with USALS. On my Amico it was automatic. Do I need to set up a location for every KU satellite or is there a way to have it move automatically?
I can communicate with the motor and move it to reference then back to the first satellite I scanned it. But it’s not moving from Satellite to Satellite.
Any advice will help

Team
I have a new Edision mini.
After the learning curve I’ve learned how to set up and scan in satellites. However I’m struggling with my KU motor not moving from satellite to satellite automatically with USALS. On my Amico it was automatic. Do I need to set up a location for every KU satellite or is there a way to have it move automatically?
I can communicate with the motor and move it to reference then back to the first satellite I scanned it. But it’s not moving from Satellite to Satellite.
Any advice will help

Are your menus similar to the two screenshots I have posted below from my Edision MIO 4K? If so choose the option Selecting satelites 1 (USALS) under Satellite then drop down to Press OK to select satellites and press OK. That should get you to the page in the second screenshot where you can tick all the satellites you want to use with USALS. Don't forget to save when done. Hope this helps! :) P.S. I am using OpenPLI but hopefully your set up screens are similar.

Menu 01.jpg

Menu 02.jpg

Last edited:
Are your menus similar to the two screenshots I have posted below from my Edision MIO 4K? If so choose the option Selecting satelites 1 (USALS) under Satellite then drop down to Press OK to select satellites and press OK. That should get you to the page in the second screenshot where you can tick all the satellites you want to use with USALS. Don't forget to save when done. Hope this helps! :) P.S. I am using OpenPLI but hopefully your set up screens are similar.

View attachment 169999

View attachment 170000
Yes sir!

Team,
I am using 1 C band dish and 1 KU band dish.
The KU band dish has the USALS motor and the C band dish I aim manually with a Prime sat dish mover. In the satellite set up screen on the C band settings it asks for a position number for this satellite. What do I set this value too if I’m not running the BUD movements through the receiver? Will it affect the USALS section of the KU dish?
Thanks,
Stephen

Team,
I am using 1 C band dish and 1 KU band dish.
The KU band dish has the USALS motor and the C band dish I aim manually with a Prime sat dish mover. In the satellite set up screen on the C band settings it asks for a position number for this satellite. What do I set this value too if I’m not running the BUD movements through the receiver? Will it affect the USALS section of the KU dish?
Thanks,
Stephen
PS
I found the settings to check all the KU band satellites but it’s still not working.
I will double check all my settings and update

PS
I found the settings to check all the KU band satellites but it’s still not working.
I will double check all my settings and update

Did you remember to select the Save option after ticking the satellites you want? If yes, then perhaps post up some screenshots of your menu settings so that we can see what is happening.

Reactions: 4311wade
Did you remember to select the Save option after ticking the satellites you want? If yes, then perhaps post up some screenshots of your menu settings so that we can see what is happening.
Yes
I saved the settings with the green save button. I’m going to double check all my settings after work today.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg