OTHER DISEqC issue?

Dkg123

Original poster
Jun 7, 2020
FL
First of all, sorry for the trouble.... Am pretty new to FTA. I have 2 dishes connected to my receiver with a DISEqC switch. Everything functions great for about an hour, and then the TV screen goes dark... Not fully black screen, just very dark. I am able to change channels and go dish to dish, but cannot see the picture on the TV. If I turn off the receiver and then back on, all is good for a while... Then once again... Dark. I tried a different FTA box.... Same thing.
Any ideas? Thanks!

First of all, sorry for the trouble.... Am pretty new to FTA. I have 2 dishes connected to my receiver with a DISEqC switch. Everything functions great for about an hour, and then the TV screen goes dark... Not fully black screen, just very dark. I am able to change channels and go dish to dish, but cannot see the picture on the TV. If I turn off the receiver and then back on, all is good for a while... Then once again... Dark. I tried a different FTA box.... Same thing.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Welcome to Satellite Guys Dkg123! Never heard of that one before. If you are using HDMI connection then perhaps a handshake issue. Since you tried another receiver it seems less likely though. If the tv is a few years old then maybe the backlight/driver or another component is starting to fail. That would make more sense since it happened with both receivers. Have you tried your receivers with another tv?

Reactions: Titanium
Not a DiSEqC issue as that would result in loss of satellite signal. As this happens with two different receivers, sounds like a TV setting or TV defect.

Does the TV (moniyo) have power saver od s green saver setting?

Welcome to the site Dkg123!!

For sure NOT a DiSEqC issue. Time to start trouble shooting the television set. :)

Thanks for the quick replies. I did not think about the TV being the issue, since it functions great when not on FTA. I use rca cables to connect the FTA box ... I will try another connection to see if that solves the problem (there are 2 sets of rca ins and outs on the tv) ... or if I can get another TV will try that.
Thanks again for the help.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Any ideas? Thanks!
Repair your connections from lnb to switch simantinesly and change the ports

Sent from my vivo 1920 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts