DiSEqC position adjusting and storage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

videojanitor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
I’m in need of a little guidance. For the past few days, I’ve been messing around with a new Edision OS mio+ running TNAP 4.1 and figured out a number of things, but this issue is confounding me a little bit.

Can someone tell me the proper sequence of events to go through in order to store a satellite position using DiSEqC?

The method I’ve been using is to go into Positioner Setup, select the satellite, then with a spectrum analyzer connected, use the move east, move west, and fine movement to bump it in small increments. I don’t understand the difference between the various “move” and “search” modes. Move makes sense, but I can’t figure out what’s happening if I press one of the “search” modes.

Also, sometimes it appears as though just scrolling left/right through the available satellites in the positioner setup causes the dish to start moving. At least, the spectrum display clearly indicates that it is swinging through the arc. That just adds more confusion to the situation.

Any helpful hints appreciated!

Last edited: