Flashing a new copy of TNAP and 950Q tv tuner

Lee60

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2014
California
When flashing a new copy of TNAP is it best to unplug your 950 tv tuner? Does it matter? The reason I asked was I loaded a new copy of 4.2 with the tuner plugged in and it work fine. But on another Mio 4K + the tuner was seen but wouldn't work even after multiple reboots.
Someday soon we should have TNAP 5 and I just wanted to flash it correctly the 1st time.
Any thoughts?

When flashing a new copy of TNAP is it best to unplug your 950 tv tuner? Does it matter? The reason I asked was I loaded a new copy of 4.2 with the tuner plugged in and it work fine. But on another Mio 4K + the tuner was seen but wouldn't work even after multiple reboots.
Someday soon we should have TNAP 5 and I just wanted to flash it correctly the 1st time.
Any thoughts?
I would have the receiver bare bones when flashing. That means nothing connected but the power cord, HDMI cable, ethernet, if hard-wired to your router, and of course a pendrive, IF your image is on that. Nothing else.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Any thoughts?
Only need to unplug the Hauppauge if you need to use the usb port with a flash drive. I always send (FTP) the multiboot image to the downloaded_images folder on my hdd or just flash from online. I never do unplugged the Hauppauge and no problem.

I use the online option only for the flashing of an image. Thank you for your posts. I'm leaning toward disconnecting the 950 before flashing next time. Hope to hear the opinions of others though. Seems it works both ways but I did have it not work on one Mio+ and never did get that flashed image to work with the tuner( even reflashed it and still it didn't work). A Ghost in the Machine I guess.
I would have the receiver bare bones when flashing. That means nothing connected but the power cord, HDMI cable, ethernet, if hard-wired to your router, and of course a pendrive, IF your image is on that. Nothing else.
Only need to unplug the Hauppauge if you need to use the usb port with a flash drive. I always send (FTP) the multiboot image to the downloaded_images folder on my hdd or just flash from online. I never do unplugged the Hauppauge and no problem.

Sort of a update. I flashed TNAP5 using usb 2 days ago. I have 3 Mio4K+ boxes. I flashed all 3 forgetting to disconnect my 950Q tuners. Yup all 3. Well the good news I had zero problems.

I was not sure using TNAP 4.2 as "backup" would work with TNAP5 but since it was an option I went for it. All my settings and bouquets moved right in.

I think I might have a problem with my newest Mio. If I move the box to swap usb sticks, my 950 usb tuner stops working requiring me to reboot. I changed extension cables and it still messes up. I guessing the rear usb port has a wonky pin or solder joint. Not looking forward to opening it up!!!!
I also swapped 950Q's (I have a spare) and the problem continued.( this all happened before loading TNAP5)

Any suggestions? Reflow the solder joints?

Lee

p.s. I'm very happy with TNAP5. Love the extra skins too.

I didn't know TNAP5 was available.
It's not available as a online flash(the test version is) but the file is available on LegitFTA. Don't overwrite your present version as of yet. But you have 4 slots, go for it. I've had zero hiccups. If you can't locate it let me know and I'll add a link

A small update on the rear usb port. It is intermittent. I moved my 950 tuner to the side port and have had zero problems.
I suspect the tv tuner with coax hanging off the rear port loosened it up in some way.