Edision OS Mio 4K+ constant rebooting

OswaldFTA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2021
Miami, FL
Hello!!

I installed a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q tuner on my Edision OS mio 4k+ an it works without any issue, but now and from time to time when I switch on the receiver or after I watch any recorded program and go back to the satellite channels, I get the message "Tune failed" and I have to reboot the receiver to get it back on track.

Any recommendation to solve this issue?

I'm running OpenPli last image.

Hello!!

I installed a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-955Q tuner on my Edision OS mio 4k+ an it works without any issue, but now and from time to time when I switch on the receiver or after I watch any recorded program and go back to the satellite channels, I get the message "Tune failed" and I have to reboot the receiver to get it back on track.

Any recommendation to solve this issue?

I'm running OpenPli last image.

How good is your antenna system hooked up to the Hauppage? Sounds like you are having signal dropouts, and need to improve that.

P.S. I use the same Hauppauge, and have no issues. However, I leave my Mio on 24/7

TV signal is quite good. The issue happens when I'm using the satellite tuner A as well. I change the channel to the same satellite or other satellite and get the same error, so I have to reboot the receiver and it works after the rebooting.

TV signal is quite good. The issue happens when I'm using the satellite tuner A as well. I change the channel to the same satellite or other satellite and get the same error, so I have to reboot the receiver and it works after the rebooting.
Ok, I've seen that now and again on the satellite side myself while using TNAP. I simply switch channels, and then switch back, and it works.

Lately my 4k (no +) has been having what seems to be the same issue -- no signal until I reboot. It happens with both PurE2 and TNAP. I'm not sure what triggers it to stop working, but it frequently seems to happen after a blind scan. The scan will work, but then I won't be able to watch anything. Changing channel or changing satellite does NOT fix it. (I haven't remembered to look out the window and see if the motor is actually moving when changing satellite, i.e., I don't know whether it's stopping supplying power when the issue happens or whether something else is going on with the tuner. I suspect it may be something else, because I've also occasionally run into a problem where any channel I tune to, no matter what the signal strength, will be heavily pixelated until I reboot.)

Lately my 4k (no +) has been having what seems to be the same issue -- no signal until I reboot. It happens with both PurE2 and TNAP. I'm not sure what triggers it to stop working, but it frequently seems to happen after a blind scan. The scan will work, but then I won't be able to watch anything. Changing channel or changing satellite does NOT fix it. (I haven't remembered to look out the window and see if the motor is actually moving when changing satellite, i.e., I don't know whether it's stopping supplying power when the issue happens or whether something else is going on with the tuner. I suspect it may be something else, because I've also occasionally run into a problem where any channel I tune to, no matter what the signal strength, will be heavily pixelated until I reboot.)
Do what I do, never turn it off, OR never put it into hibernation. Just leave it on 24/7. Mines been that way for 3 years now, and I don't have any issues with it anymore.

Last edited:
Have you tried changing the preferred tuner in Tuner miscellaneous?
Worth a shot.
I tried that yesterday. The preferred tuner was "C", this is the TV tuner, then I changed it to "A" (satellite), and it seems that this change solved the problem. I turn off the receiver several times, change from A tuner to C tuner, etc.. and worked fine until today that the same problem happened. The tuner was switched off for several hours.

When I press OK on the remote control to get the info of the current satellite channel ,the "A" letter appears in yellow, while the "C" letter is green when I select a TV channel. It seems that the receiver get stuck on "C" tuner and is not capable to change back to the "A" tuner.

I tried that yesterday. The preferred tuner was "C", this is the TV tuner, then I changed it to "A" (satellite), and it seems that this change solved the problem. I turn off the receiver several times, change from A tuner to C tuner, etc.. and worked fine until today that the same problem happened. The tuner was switched off for several hours.

When I press OK on the remote control to get the info of the current satellite channel ,the "A" letter appears in yellow, while the "C" letter is green when I select a TV channel. It seems that the receiver get stuck on "C" tuner and is not capable to change back to the "A" tuner.
Just don't turn it off as I said. It doesn't use that much power either way, and it's MUCH happier when it stays on 24/7, trust me.

Reactions: OswaldFTA