Edision OS Mio 4k, What's the largest size external drive it can handle?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
My 5 year old WD 2TB external drive on my single tuner OS Mio is going bad. I finally managed to get back into it, and am copying off everything. However, since I have to buy a new one, what's the largest drive somebody has been able to use on one of these? I suspect 2TB is the largest, but I don't know for sure.

It's not so easy to find NEW 2TB drives anymore, as they are considered pretty small.

While I thought that the OS Mio was limited to 2TB partions, I found this post by comfortably_numb from 2019, where he indicated that the Edision OS Mio recognized an entire WD 3TB drive.

While I thought that the OS Mio was limited to 2TB partions, I found this post by comfortably_numb from 2019, where he indicated that the Edision OS Mio recognized an entire WD 3TB drive.
Thanks, I forgot about that post, and didn't find it earlier in a search and IF you look up one post higher than CN's, it appears I posted back then that it's possible it could handle up to 8TB drives. Not that I would ever consider a drive that large for this...

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
Well, it seems to be nearly impossible to find a brand new external powered 2 or 3 TB drive at a reasonable price anywhere anymore... There are some out there, but at crazy prices.

I really don't want another refurb, even if certified.