No Video on my Edision OS Mio+ 4k

Doorguru

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Florida
I have not used my Edision Mio 4K+ in quite a while. I had boxed it up to take to a different location.

When I boot it up, I get the splash screen and then I get "no HDMI signal" on my TV.

I have checked the setup on the Edision's setup screen. Everything is in order.

I have also reflashed a different image using a usb stick (openvix-6.4.002.release-osmio4kplus) .

Still "No HDMI signal".

Is my STB toast?

I have not used my Edision Mio 4K+ in quite a while. I had boxed it up to take to a different location.

When I boot it up, I get the splash screen and then I get "no HDMI signal" on my TV.

I have checked the setup on the Edision's setup screen. Everything is in order.

I have also reflashed a different image using a usb stick (openvix-6.4.002.release-osmio4kplus) .

Still "No HDMI signal".

Is my STB toast?
Connect an ethernet cable to it from your router. Boot it up, and wait a few minutes. Can you now access it on a browser on your laptop via it's IP address from the router using the WebIF menu? If so, you can change the video output so it comes up on your tv set.

Here's what that looks like:
webif.jpg

I connected, but being easily confused, I don't know how to:

"change the video output so it comes up on your tv set.

Thanks for your patience.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 212224.jpg

I connected, but being easily confused, I don't know how to:

"change the video output so it comes up on your tv set.

Thanks for your patience.

View attachment 163517
OK, over in the LEFT-hand sidebar, click on MENU. Then click the DOWN arrow 3 times, and it'll go to SETUP. Then click OK. Then OK again 3 times more. You'll be at the video screen. Then just change your settings using that same arrow menu, and Ok button once you pick the things needed for YOUR tv sets resolution. This is MINE for a TCL Roku tv set:

Video.jpg

Reactions: FTA4PA and Lee60
Here are my current settings:

View attachment 163519
I don't have Openvix at present, or those choices. However, since it won't output to your tv set, something about them might not be right. Did it EVER work with THIS tv set you are trying? Try another HDMI cable, and/or HDMI port. I would then suggest you try changing the one called: "Automatic Resolution", and see if it has a FIXED choice that matches your tv set. Once you get video on your set, you can play with the settings and see what happens. At least you KNOW the box is actually live and working, otherwise you couldn't do all this.

I have tried changing the resolution settings and get the same results. This is multi resolution smart TV so I should get a picture. I have also tried another TV.. same results: OpenATV splash screen then "no HDMI signal" I have tried different cables. Maybe a bad HDMI output on this Edision STB.

I have tried changing the resolution settings and get the same results. This is multi resolution smart TV so I should get a picture. I have also tried another TV.. same results: OpenATV splash screen then "no HDMI signal" I have tried different cables. Maybe a bad HDMI output on this Edision STB.
Where did you buy it, and what was the exact date? At least month and year? If it hasn't been over two years, try contacting the seller for warranty support

Give this setting a shot. If your TV is a 4K 2160 should be ok. Or try cranking it down to 1080. See what happens. I'm running the latest Vix. Do you have another TV with HDMI input to try? Or how 'bout a pc monitor?
When you flashed the new image did you wait a long time to see if a setup screen showed? I screwed that up before.
Different cable?? After changing and saving settings use the webif to reboot or deep standby the box and see what's up??

Attachments

• Mio_Vid_Setup.jpg
    Mio_Vid_Setup.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 65
I have tried 3 different TV 's and no less than 5 different HDMI cables with the exact same results. I also just tried a PC monitor, same results.. Initial splash screen and then "no video signal" . Arlo, I have tried multi video settings, including as shown by you. When I flashed the software it took me through the setup.

I have searched the web and I seem to be the only one who has had this problem.

Reactions: arlo
I have tried 3 different TV 's and no less than 5 different HDMI cables with the exact same results. I also just tried a PC monitor, same results.. Initial splash screen and then "no video signal" . Arlo, I have tried multi video settings, including as shown by you. When I flashed the software it took me through the setup.

I had a weird problem with my Edision a while back as well. It had been working fine using TNAP (version 4.1 I believe). When my tv, a 4K LG, received a firmware update and I too got a blank screen with no signal. I thought it was the Edision until I tried booting into the old TNAP 2.0 image that came default with the receiver. That one displays rock solid with no issues. Booted back into newer TNAP and sure enough a black screen again. Something about the newer TNAP does not agree with my LG tv's newer firmware. So I found that installing OpenPLI 7.3 works great for me with this tv so that is what I am using. Also, I do not update it. If it ain't broke... ;) Did you notice if your tv recently received a firmware update?

Last edited:

To clarify. When you flashed the image and it came up to the initial setup screen for video resolution. You did have a picture? "When I flashed the software it took me through the setup" has me a little fuzzy.
Are you getting through these steps and then the video craps out or not.
And not knowing if it's even possible to mistakenly flash a 4K+ image with on for a 4K, you're doing that right....right?

20230714_095227.jpg20230714_095327.jpg20230714_095340.jpg20230714_095351.jpg

To clarify. When you flashed the image and it came up to the initial setup screen for video resolution. You did have a picture? "When I flashed the software it took me through the setup" has me a little fuzzy.
Are you getting through these steps and then the video craps out or not.
And not knowing if it's even possible to mistakenly flash a 4K+ image with on for a 4K, you're doing that right....right?
Fine when using WebIF. Yes, It goes through the setup menu when connected with ethernet, not HDMI. After flash, directly to setup as you show, but viewed only with (WebIF/ethernet).

NO Video when using HDMI output.

Upon power up, splash screen, then black screen, then TV or computer monitor indicates no input.

Fine when using WebIF. Yes, It goes through the setup menu when connected with ethernet, not HDMI. After flash, directly to setup as you show, but viewed only with (WebIF/ethernet).

Upon power up, splash screen, then black screen, then TV or computer monitor indicates no input.
Sucks. Last ditch. Check for bent pins on the connector. Open the box and check for loose or broken solder pads on the pc board by the connector. An HDMI connector I can do.

Have you tried flashing the old TNAP 2.0 or OpenPLI 7.3 images (no backup) onto your receiver as I mentioned in my post above?

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts