No Video on my Edision OS Mio+ 4k

"Have you tried flashing a DIFFERENT slot other than the one it's booting into now with TNAP 4.0 multiboot image, and then booting that up? You can do that all through the Webif screen, though it'll be a little harder."

Flashed TNAP-5-osmio4kplus-20230717_usb

It shows it is installed in Webif.

20230719_151336.jpg

but when I try to flash an image to another slot within Webif, I get this error:

Screenshot 2023-07-19 174219.jpg

Also when I connect with HDMI to my PC monitor or TV, I get the same as shown in the video: Edision splash screen and then blank screen.

"Have you tried flashing a DIFFERENT slot other than the one it's booting into now with TNAP 4.0 multiboot image, and then booting that up? You can do that all through the Webif screen, though it'll be a little harder."

Flashed TNAP-5-osmio4kplus-20230717_usb

It shows it is installed in Webif.

View attachment 163675

but when I try to flash an image to another slot within Webif, I get this error:

View attachment 163690

Also when I connect with HDMI to my PC monitor or TV, I get the same as shown in the video: Edision splash screen and then blank screen.
You need the file called: TNAP-5-osmio4kplus-20230717_multiboot.zip on the root of the pendrive

You LEAVE it zipped, (the receiver will unzip it) and use that to flash into a different slot.

So put TNAP-5 in both slots 1 and 2 ?
Flash it into slot 2 OR 3 OR 4, IF you are now trying to boot into slot 1, and the video doesn't work. You do NOT boot from the pendrive, just have that multiboot zipped file on it. Power up the receiver until it comes up, then insert the pendrive with the image, and go through the receiver menu's to flash the multiboot image to another slot than the one it's booted into.

P.S. Yes, you could have the same image on all 4 slots if you so choose. Just try it in any other slot than 1

Flashed TNAP to slot 2 and rebooted to slot 2.. still no HDMI video.

(screen shot below as seen within Webif. No HDMI signal on monitor)

Screenshot 2023-07-19 194829.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Flash it into slot 2 OR 3 OR 4, IF you are now trying to boot into slot 1, and the video doesn't work. You do NOT boot from the pendrive, just have that multiboot zipped file on it. Power up the receiver until it comes up, then insert the pendrive with the image, and go through the receiver menu's to flash the multiboot image to another slot than the one it's booted into.

P.S. Yes, you could have the same image on all 4 slots if you so choose. Just try it in any other slot than 1
Flashed TNAP to slot 2. Went through the menu via Webif and
Navigate to the video menu, and double-check the settings. I'm not running 5., so can't tell you what they should be. But, you may want to play with what's there
Screenshot 2023-07-19 200627.jpg

Check this link out. Exact same problem as mine. A long thread, but in the end, EB suggested it was a hardware issue.

https://legitfta.com/forum/showthread.php?27334-OS-MIO-4k-no-signal-after-Edison-screen&language=fr
Did you see this post, that I'm quoting the pertinent parts from, and you can try this yourself?:

"
Well, I have some interesting update...

I have not yet tried the recovery file that you uploaded, I wanted to do a backup first and also download all the service data to DreamboxEdit, so I tried Magatron's suggestion of setting the output resolution to 480. That worked, I get a picture.

Now here is the kicker... if I choose to set it to 480i or 480p and I do not respond to the question of whether it's working or not, then it reverts to 1080p and... I get a 1080p picture (looks HD to me and my TV also says it's 1920x1080...

Now if I do a deep standby and power up again, i'm back at no video until I do this again. But at least it's reproducible."

Did you see this post, that I'm quoting the pertinent parts from, and you can try this yourself?:

"
Well, I have some interesting update...

I have not yet tried the recovery file that you uploaded, I wanted to do a backup first and also download all the service data to DreamboxEdit, so I tried Magatron's suggestion of setting the output resolution to 480. That worked, I get a picture.

Now here is the kicker... if I choose to set it to 480i or 480p and I do not respond to the question of whether it's working or not, then it reverts to 1080p and... I get a 1080p picture (looks HD to me and my TV also says it's 1920x1080...

Now if I do a deep standby and power up again, i'm back at no video until I do this again. But at least it's reproducible."
Yes, #15, I have tried that and could not get any HDMI video, regardless of any video settings that I tried.

Yes, #15, I have tried that and could not get any HDMI video, regardless of any video settings that I tried.
He also in a later post said something about "going through an HDMI switch". I take that to mean one of the small boxes that can switch between like 4 ports.

Any chance you have one of those laying around, and can try that between the Mio and the tv set also with the 480 resolution as the absolute last thing I can think of?

He also in a later post said something about "going through an HDMI switch". I take that to mean one of the small boxes that can switch between like 4 ports.

Any chance you have one of those laying around, and can try that between the Mio and the tv set also with the 480 resolution as the absolute last thing I can think of?
They ditched the HDMI switch.

EB said:

"It's good you bypassed the HDMI multi switch. Through a setup please use just a cable from the receiver to the TV."

I can easily hook it to my TV set and still change the MIO video settings with Webif. Is that what you mean?

They ditched the HDMI switch.

EB said:

"It's good you bypassed the HDMI multi switch. Through a setup please use just a cable from the receiver to the TV."

I can easily hook it to my TV set and still change the MIO video settings with Webif. Is that what you mean?
Mio ---> HDMI Switch ----> Tv set then try all the various resolutions and see if anything happens

Of course we've checked the wall wart and it's not running hot and output voltage is in specs.
Another long shot but worth a try.
Never thought of that, but I did just check it.. probably within specs @ 13.5 Volts.

Did you nuke (overwrite) all OS data from all 4 slots prior to installing the new OS?

Follow El Bandido's instructions to delete all slots before installing a new OS.

Have previously restored several customers Edision STBs to proper display, which had reported similar HDMI negotiation issues. A few had installed non-compatible skins. These were impossible to clear without first overwriting all slots.

Did you nuke (overwrite) all OS data from all 4 slots prior to installing the new OS?
I am not sure of the procedure.
Follow El Bandido's instructions to delete all slots before installing a new OS.
I will do some searching to try and figure it out.
Have previously restored several customers Edision STBs to proper display, which had reported similar HDMI negotiation issues. A few had installed non-compatible skins. These were impossible to clear without first overwriting all slots.
Whatever happened to my STB, happened on it's own. The last time it was used (many moons ago), I had video. It has always been powered up which is why I suspected a HW problem due to lightning storms and power outages that happen often in Florida.

You have been very patient with me. (actually everyone here has...) I will pursue your suggestions, although I am unable to log on to the LegitFta site to try and contact EB.

Of course we've checked the wall wart and it's not running hot and output voltage is in specs.
Another long shot but worth a try.
Although all of my 12 vdc devices are running on solar power with a power bus now behind my tv.
I kinda' remember my osmio4k cooked the output filter capacitor in its wart. It spontaneously rebooted and then one morning I smelled that smell and Skynyrd wasn't even playing.
Again a long shot but even is static voltage is present at the barrel, wondering if it is able to provide the current under load needed to switch out of 480.
Dang.While the cover was off it would have been cool to see the pcb layout. Especially if there is an HDMI controller IC between the Broadcom and HDMI port.
Really rooting for you there dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts