Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
OK, my 4x1 switch ports 2 & 3 died, I had some water coming out of the switch on those ports. I ended up for now using a multi switch and tieing back in all of my lnb's back into ports 1 & 4 and I'm on my way. The fun part is ordering. I see plenty that are 1.0's, 1.2's, 2.0's and some that handles different protocols all together, so what would be ideal? I want to get another switch so I am looking for the best price and switch. thanks

I PM'd you some info

I use DMSI switches...have had good luck with those. Had one that the whole back was rusted from being exposed to MN winter but it kept on going (I gutted it to show people what the innerds of the switch was) :)

nah. I got one of them (when I got my Coolsat 5000) and its junk. The threads on mine are screwed up. Have to use a wrench to screw on the cable

my DisEqC switch came with a protective plastic case, that attaches nicely to my winegard 76cm dish, 2 canadian winters later, it's still kicking along nicely.

welcome :wave simulated to Satellitguys

I try and keep my switches out of the lements. Put them under the overhang of the roof :)

cablewithaview said:
OK, my 4x1 switch ports 2 & 3 died, I had some water coming out of the switch on those ports. I ended up for now using a multi switch and tieing back in all of my lnb's back into ports 1 & 4 and I'm on my way. The fun part is ordering. I see plenty that are 1.0's, 1.2's, 2.0's and some that handles different protocols all together, so what would be ideal? I want to get another switch so I am looking for the best price and switch. thanks

In theory, look for a device that has :

- The highest level of support for DiSEqC
- Widest operation frequency 950~2150MHz is ok but wider is better
- Lowest Insertion Loss, 3.0 dB or less
- Low consumption current

So, as you sse better numbers, then the price goes up as you may guess due to better components, design etc.

The Sadoun switch seems to be a good one (just by looking at the specs)

When using a diseqc switch outside, I place then in an old peanut butter jar. (plastic jar) I cut a hole in the lid about 1.5 - 2 in. round for the cables to enter and place this upside down for the weather does not get directly on the switch. The hole in the cover provides air to circulate, for you do not have to worry about condensation. A little tape or a cable clamp holds this in place to your mounting pole, and then tape your cables for the switch sits near the upper end of the jar and not right at the hole. You should periodically check the jar though, at it could turn out to be a great place for bugs to nest in. So far I have not had this happen, but then I'm usually changing/adding something with the dish a few times a year anyways.

Larry, I have access to cable boxes to mount on the wall. I even have a Primestar box or two floating around here somewhere. DirecTV came by Friday and installed an AT9 dish and now I will have to mount another box to put my DiSEQC switch in it. I have some ideas and I was planning on one, maybe two more dishes and was going to use a multi switch to tie in up to four dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts