DiSEqC Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Does the DiSEqC switch need to be located near the dish? I was going to add a waterproof box to the back of my dish and place the DiSEqC switch inside along with other connections needed. Now I am thinking that I would much rather place the DiSEqC switch inside the garage within a metal home control box used for my home theater and connect my other dishes to it. Would the DiSEqC switch work 75' to 100' away from the LNBF?

Also, what does DiSEqC stand for?

I am sure it will work....

DiSEqC = Digital Satellite Equipment Control

PopcornNMore said:
Does the DiSEqC switch need to be located near the dish? I was going to add a waterproof box to the back of my dish and place the DiSEqC switch inside along with other connections needed. Now I am thinking that I would much rather place the DiSEqC switch inside the garage within a metal home control box used for my home theater and connect my other dishes to it. Would the DiSEqC switch work 75' to 100' away from the LNBF?

Also, what does DiSEqC stand for?

I've done it both ways and both seem to work fine. Personally I like the switch as close to the receiver as possible. Diseqc switches are know to degrade the signal level somewhat, so by placing it near the receiver I've found it has less chance of attenuating the signal. Also some switches don't work as well at longer distance. Mainly it's trial and error though. :)

You can do both I believe if your reciever supports DiSEqC 1.1.

I'll be trying this out I think. One switch out at the dish to switch between the Ku and D* LNB with another DiSEqC in the Demarc box to tie in my old Voom dish which I think I'm going to move to 91W.

PopcornNMore said:

I have it near the LNB's because I like one line coming down the house instead of 4 :)

I have dishes on both sides of the house. :) So, it would make more sense to mount the switch inside the garage. I am in the process of converting the garage into a home theater / office, so it would give me more options as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)