diseqc switches and my PCI DVB cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beeb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2004
I have a problem with my 4x1 diseqc switches and my PCI DVB cards. I have 5 of them and none works the way it should. 3 of them just don't switch, period. Only the Rocketech switches switch, but for some weird reason, quality is reduced by more than 20% when I use it, and that effectively kills the weaker transponder on G10R. I was hoping that this LNB will allow me to not use Diseqc switches, but it looks like that's not the case. Or am I wrong?

I'd highly appreciate any advice from users with PCI cards about a decent diseqc switch. I really only need 2x1, the only requirement is that they work with DVB cards without reducing quality. I've tried Pansat, DMS, SpaceLab, Rocketech and an unknown brand "waterproof" swicth, but only the Rocketech actually switches, but with loss of quality where it's most needed - on Ku. I use Twinhan 1020A and SkyStar2 with MyTheatre.

In MyTheatre under "general settings", under "Expert" tab, Try changing the "hex" setting for first or/and second switch to 15. And increase the number of repeats.

Could be a bad cable (Open shielding).

If both of your LNB's are standard, then you could use a tone switch (22khz) instead of the diseqc. In MyTheatre under "Lnb settings" betweem the LOF1 and LOF2 is the SW (switch) setting, toogle the tone on and off my entering either "0" or "11700".

Both diseqc and tone switches are working great for me with MyTheatre and the VP1020. but alot of people have problems with the twinhan card and switches.

My set up allows me to select from 12 different lnbs. with uncommitted, committed and tone switches.

Thanks, jerry. As soon as it stops raining I will check and probably change all cables and see if I can use the tone for switching. I'm planning to purchase the Invacom QPH-031 circ-linear LNB, will I be able to use tone switch there?
Any recommendation for a good tone switch?

beeb said:
I'm planning to purchase the Invacom QPH-031 circ-linear LNB, will I be able to use tone switch there?
Any recommendation for a good tone switch?

The Qph-031 has a Standard Linear, so yes you could use a tone switch.

I like the Aspen Eagle 4x4 multiswitch, has the tone switch built in and will feed four receivers. They can be found for as low as $5.00 on Ebay.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)