Dish 1000.2 and Dish 61.5

bogwog

Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Hi there,
I work for a Dish Retailer in upstate South Carolina. Last year we were encouraged by Dish to install 1000.2 Dishes(110,119 & 129). Then we were told that local HD would only be available on the 61.5...... So we started installing wing dishes for local HD upgrades. Only trouble is that the 1000.2 still wants to pull HD from 129 even though the 61.5 is stronger.
Solution, cover the 129 LNB, yep I know that you can use tin foil, we pride ourselves on high grade installations and this does not qualify.
However we found the solution in the Chain link fencing section of our local DIY wharehouse! Use a 2 & 3/8" post cap, fits perfectly, either use a good blob of caulk or just bend the cap base to hold it in place. Run the checkswitch and all should be rectified. By the way, avoid the eastern arc for the time being......

We were looking forward to the Eastern Arc dish as a resolution to line of sight issues....alas it seems that Dish Networks marketing division released the product prematurely!
Here are the main issues, the satellite at the 77 position is not currently transmitting to the US. The Satellite at 72.7 is only transmitting on odd transponders. There are issues regarding the G3 smartcard however we have found out from dish that receivers with a smartcard number beginning S191.....
are compliant and will work with the eastern arc 1000.4.
So far we have installed several of these dishes, customers subscribing to any package other than Turbo HD are not receiving all of the SD channels.
We also found issues with 211 receivers not reading the 72.7 resulting in the loss of 7 HD channels and all SD channels other than the Greenville SC locals.
We have a 1000.4 installed at our store and are monitoring it to see when service from the 77 arrives, dish could not give us a definite date.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

If you hear any news about them putting the Greenville locals on 118 (or really any other sat) can you post back here.

I live in the lower part of NC and because of the mountains it is impossible to get 61.5 here. 129 I get except for the most leafy part of the year, 118 (or 110 or 119 yeah right) carrying them would be ideal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts