Dish 1000.2 and the Birdog Ver. 2.5 Meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dave302

Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Austin, TX
Hello, my name is Dave and i just purchased an old Birdog meter, version 2.5. The question that I have is this. Can I use it to aim a Dish Network 1000.2 dish. If so, what satellite name needs to be on the meter? And, is the meter capable of aiming this dish. Guess I don't know much about the meter or the process, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted a Super Buddy 29, but I am poor.

Hello, my name is Dave and i just purchased an old Birdog meter, version 2.5. The question that I have is this. Can I use it to aim a Dish Network 1000.2 dish. If so, what satellite name needs to be on the meter? And, is the meter capable of aiming this dish. Guess I don't know much about the meter or the process, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I wanted a Super Buddy 29, but I am poor.

Your may be poor in money but have a rich mind if you are interested in these things.

I suggest you start at this web page and then look thu the index for more info.

Post again if you still need more help.

Horizon Satellite Meters

Thanks for the response. I will give it a try. The Birdog only has "Dish Pro 119" listed on the satellite list, I guess that is the type I would choose to align the 1000.2 signal. I am located in Lexington, Texas, so I am looking for 119 West? The place where I am going is far out in the country and there is certainly no help when I am out there. Thanks again for the response!

I have a 1000.2 dish and use a ver 2.1 BirDog. I mainly use DishPro 119 and after I get a good signal, I then check the others using DishPro 110 & SR Dishnet 129. I have 2 cables coming from the dish (fulltime RVer--setup quite a few times a year)). You need to hookup your receiver before checking for sat. The 2.5 doesn't have have the power to search without the receiver power. The other cable is the one I hookup to the BD to find the signal. Go here: Horizon Satellite Meters to download the 119, 110 & 129 info for the BD.
Hope this helps.

DICK

So, forgive the stupid questions! If I have to use the receiver to power the Birdog, then I have to have a cable hooked to the receiver "Satellite in" connection and the other end of that cable that goes to the dish gets connected to the Birdog "Out" connection and another cable from the LNB on the dish connects to the "in" connection on the Birdog? Sorry, but I am almost clueless and have never before owned any type of satellite aiming meter.
I really appreciate your help and the help that I have received from my forum post. What a great place to LEARN.

You can either power the meter with the receiver (if the battery goes dead on the meter itself) or you do not have to have it hooked up to the receiver and power the lnb off of the meter itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)