dish 1000.2 hook up

abad7d2

Original poster
Oct 6, 2009
Beaver Falls, Pa
Ok I am new here and trying to learn. I just has Dish Net installed a couple weeks ago. (1000.2) they hooked up 2 HD dual tuner receivers using only 2 cable lines coming in from the dish itself. Each cable carries all 3 LNB's 110, 119 and 129. I get that part. I am trying to intall another receiver (322) and can not get it to work. I have been told to run another line in from the dish but this is no possible as the lines are underground coming from where the dish is mounted.

I have a DPP44 switch and the power supply. How the heck to I hook this up and what else do I need? Tried several combinations and still nothing only 119 comes in. I have the power supply hooked up to port #1 on the out like it says.

Help!!!!!!!!

Okay, You will still have to run that third line if you want all three satellites to go through the switch.
Sounds like you only ran one cable into the 44 switch thats why you are only getting one satellite at a time.
Inside the dish 1000.2 LNBF there is a built in switch when you add a 44 switch to the system it corrupts or cancels out the switching capability.
Your installer only ran two cable lines to your home because each dual tuner requires only one cable that is plugged into a satellite separator. The separator is not a switch.
Now if it was me, I would spend the extra time and run a third cable to your LNB to your third tuner. Take that 44 switch out of the picture.

I'm sorry if this is not the answer your looking for. Where did you get the third tuner? did you try to call dish and see if they would come out and install it for you?

thanks i understand but there has to be a way to do this without the 3rd line? What if down the road I want to add a 4th, 5th 6th receiver? Then the switch is necessary anyhow if I am thinking correctly?

thanks i understand but there has to be a way to do this without the 3rd line? What if down the road I want to add a 4th, 5th 6th receiver? Then the switch is necessary anyhow if I am thinking correctly?

Yes, But that third cable would still be have to be run to the switch from the dish. You can install up to 4 receivers/4 dual tuners to that switch for a total of 8 independent TV's. If you want to run more than 4 receivers then you could piggy back another DPP44 Switch. But, In order for the switch to see all birds, You need 3 cables ran into your 1st DPP44 Switch. If you plan on piggy backing more than two DPP44 switches then you could us power passing splitters but thats another technical topic.....

Last edited:
I got it from my brother. Yes they will come out for $50. I was thinking just do it and avoid all the fuss. I was just mainly checking to see if i could do it myself. Not for the $50 savings but the satisfaction

I got it from my brother. Yes they will come out for $50. I was thinking just do it and avoid all the fuss. I was just mainly checking to see if i could do it myself. Not for the $50 savings but the satisfaction

Oh I understand, I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy too and will do anything to avoid a charge/fee.
At least you attempted to do it yourself, I gotta hand it to you.
If I was in your town I would swing by and help you run that 3rd line for you at no charge...... :)

Good luck!

Either way you work it, with or without the DPP44, you MUST run 3 cables from the dish to either the DP44 or the receivers.

I would dig a 6 inch deep trench from the dish to the house and bury a piece of 1 1/2 or 2 inch PVC (2 45 degree elbows at each end for smoothe transition) and put at least 3 lines in it plus a fishing line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)