Dish 1000.2 setup problem

jussi

Original poster
Dec 20, 2006
I am trying to set up a Dish 1000.2 with a DPP triple LNBF. It is used with a 222K receiver. I managed to geta 74 % signal on Sat 119 but no results for 110 or 129.
The azimuth, elevation and skew are identical to a similar installation about 200 feet away. I have a single RG6 coax run from port 1 on the LNBF to the receiver. There is a Dish triplexer 175284 at the receiver which feeds sat 1 IN and sat 2 IN.
When I run 6-1-1 and check switch I get the following result for both sat inputs.

Port 1
Sat 119
Trans OK
Device Feed
Status Reception verified
Switch DP Feed

There is nothing on the other 3 ports.

If I run a switch test from the Installation Summary Page , I finally get a message that one of the sat input or switches is not connected properly.

If I back out to view programs a screen comes up to say acquiring
Sat signal but it says Satellite X, transponder 16.

In order to clear this it is necessary to hit the reset on the receiver and go through the whole start up procedure and then some programs on 119 can be viewed. Occasionally when switching channels the screen will say "lost sat signal"

Do I have multiple problems? Switch problems in the LNBF.
In addition , tuner 2 on the receiver does not show any signal strength for sat 119 when tuner 1 does.

Sorry for the long winded story. I am somewhat frustrated. I would appreciate any comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts