Dish 1000.2 Setup

IowaGuy79

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Hello All,

I don't know if I should be starting a new thread or not, but I am unable to find a answer to my question. I am thinking about getting Dish service and need some information about setup of a 1000.2 (I know the 1000.4 is all the rage but I live in Iowa and don't have access to the Eastern Arc). In order to run a 1 cable run to each receiver, with two receivers being a Vip 612 or Vip 722, and one receiver being a Vip 211; would I need to have a DP34 switch or DPP44 to have this work? Or would the 1000.2 be able to run the three coaxial cables (1 to each receiver) and using two DISH Pro Plus Separators at the DVRs would this all me to use all 5 tuners (2 for each dvr, and 1 for hd receiver)? Also is there anything else I would need to purchase for this setup (besides the separators) prior to the tech coming to install the system?

Thank you!!

The D1K.2 will handle up to 3 receivers, regardless if it's a dual tuner or not. As long as you have the receivers, separators and remotes then the technician should be able to handle just about anything else (excluding custom charges, i.e., excessive burial amounts and wallfishes)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts