Dish 1000.2 trouble

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pgrockstroh

Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
I have a Dish 500 at home with 4 receivers and my original Dish pointed to 61.5. I have set up all of these myself and had great success. Recently, I bought a 5th wheel RV and bought a Dish 1000.2 to set up with my Dish 501 DVR for traveling--yes, eventually I will finally convert to HD, but for now I am only attempting to connect to sat 110 & 119. I am having a heck of a time. Maybe someone can please help me.

When I do 6. 1. 1. I get no signal, so then when I run switch test I get:

Installed Device: DPP1K.2
Input: 1 2 3 4
Sat: 1,2,3 Conn, 4 X
Polarity: X, X, X, X
Device: 1K.2, 1K.2, 1K.2, N.C.

So, I removed all the connections and wired straight from the dish to the receiver (DVR) and still get the same warning.

Details: (comes up with) Switch Status: Connected to a DPP1K.2 with 4 inputs
DPP1K.2 Good Connection, No Signal
External LNB: N.C. No Connection

I have attempted to aim the dish for over 6 hours and I am at a complete loss as to why it is not working. If I call Dish Network, their technical support seems to actually know less than I do and wants to do all the stuff all over that I have already done.

Please help me fix this so that I can have my TV. Right now the cell signal is poor, the WiFi is all over the place, so sometimes I can get in and others I can't. I figured my TV would be the one thing I wouldn't have to fight with....

Thanks in advance!

The settings for the 1000.2 are different than the settings for the 500 dish. So, if you are using those, then you're not going to get it. Post your ZIP code for your campsite and we'll put up some correct settings. You can also try DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps and get the general direction there. If you go that route, point the dish right at 119, since it is the center LNB. Also, to make things easier, cover the two outside LNBs with a baseball cap or some foil and use the center LNB to find 119 by putting 119 transponder 11 in to your receiver and adjusting the bird to find that. After you've got 119, check for 110 after doing a check switch.

I went to Satellite Dish Pointer and got the numbers for my current zip code, 31091 for the 1000.2 as: Elevation 36.7, Azimuth (True) 233, Azimuth (Magnetic) 237.7 and Skew 132.5.
And I haven't been able to get anything to work. I will try the transponder 11 and a hat on the two outside LNBs. Hopefully, I can get to that tomorrow.

I saw a Dish store yesterday and traded in my 1000.2 for a DP500. I did not want to have the aiming problems in the RV since we will be moving constantly. So, now we are setting up the 500. Thanks for your help!

try adding a couple degrees on your elevation - i had to do that when i installed my 1000.2 dish - the azimuth and skew were pretty close but the elevation was off a couple degrees

The elevation on DishPointer is pretty accurate - it's based on sound formulas.

The elevation on DishPointer is pretty accurate - it's based on sound formulas.

It doesn't take much for a machine press to be off a bit and stamp the numbers slightly off where they should be on the dish. I've had similar problems here with the 1k2. The Skew is supposed to be 101, but I've found best lock on all three using a skew of 103.

I wasn't referring to DishPointers settings being wrong - they're actually pretty precise - what i was referring to was the stamp on the dish for the elevation - when i setup my dish 1000.2 i got a signal but when i was fine tuning i raised my elevation by almost 2 degrees and got a lot stronger signal on all three birds than i had previously with the required settings and my skew was off a fuzz also about 3/4 to 1 degree but my azimuth was dead on

thanks vegas you know where i'm coming from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)