Dish 1000.2 Upgrading to HD 722K Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

triple835

Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
UP of Michigan
I recently bought my own equipment on ebay to watch HD programing. I had Dish 500 and 625 Dual Tuner DVR, but bought a dish network 1000.2 dish, and VIP722K Reciever. Do I need to purchase an additional switch, such as DP34 to run this to one dual tuner receiver? If so will a DP34 do the trick, or will I have to get a DPP44?

Thank you in advance,
Dan

If the Dish 1000.2 has the DPP twin, the switch is built in for the third lnb to plug into with the two outputs for two receivers (if you want to hook a third receiver, then you need a switch). If the 1000.2 you get has the three outputs, you won't need an external switch until you have a fourth receiver. More info can be provided once you know what lnb's you will be using.

Thanks Garys, it came with the DishPro Plus Triple LNB, I will only be running the one receiver (722k). When I hook it up, will i run a single cable off one of the connectors on the LNB? My manual shows 3 cables coming off the LNB, and running to a switch, to convert to a single cable,which then runs to the house. My old set up (Dish 500) ran 119 and 110 off a single connection. I need to run, 119, 110, and 129 for High Def.

My manual shows 3 cables coming off the LNB, and running to a switch, to convert to a single cable,which then runs to the house
That is for Dish Pro single or dual LNBs. If you have the 1000.2 LNB it has a switch built in so all you need is a single piece of coax from the dish to the receiver.

Hmmm, I connected the cable to the LNB (129 port) and that's the only satelite I'm picking up. I've ran the check switch, and made adjustments while az, el, and skew. My 722 hasn't arrived yet, so I'm using my 625 reciever. I did find a DP34 on ebay for 10 bucks and will use that if I have to.

Is this what yours looks like:

1000_2c.jpg

Or is it this one:

1000_2a.jpg

If its the top one you need a Dish Pro Plus switch (either a DPP33 or DPP44) between the LNBs and the receiver. If its the bottom one you just need a piece of coax from the dish to the receiver.

You can use a DP34 switch but for the dual tuner to work you will need 2 lines going to the back of the receiver instead of just the one.

Thanks Magnum, but I couldn't see either picture you posted, though. After doing a check switch, I did pick up 119 and 129, but still no 110. I'm still using my 625 DVR. All switches are showing, and I have a 2 green "ok"s on 119 and 129. My 625, came with a splitter that allows me to connect the one cable into "satellite 1 and satellite 2" in the rear of the unit. Should I not be using that? I'm about ready to hire somebody. I've lost two afternoons to this now.

You normally only need it on removing an LNB but you might try resetting the switch matrix. Check Menu+6+1+3 and see if the signal is there. If not or there are too many, you remove the input (before the separator) and run the switch test, Menu+6+1+Check Switch. It will run through 1+38 steps (Legacy style). Then run it again with the cable on for 1+4 steps (DP/DPP style). First, check that you will not need it for say 20 minutes.
-Ken

I'm starting to think the 3rd LNB "eye" is faulty. It shows connected, but no signal. Even if I select 110, and find a signal, it will fall off. I switch tuners and the signal jumps back up, and then falls off again. I have the best signals I've seen yet, but still no 110.

Is this what yours looks like:

1000_2c.jpg

Or is it this one:

1000_2a.jpg

If its the top one you need a Dish Pro Plus switch (either a DPP33 or DPP44) between the LNBs and the receiver. If its the bottom one you just need a piece of coax from the dish to the receiver.

You can use a DP34 switch but for the dual tuner to work you will need 2 lines going to the back of the receiver instead of just the one.

Yep it's the bottom one. Thank you.

Thanks KKlare and gary. It turned out the skew was wrong. I had a professional installer come do it. They were done in an hour and wired the house as well. Money well spent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)