Dish 1000.2 Wing Dish LNB

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I want to put a wing dish on my dish 1000.2 and I have an old Dish 500 with the quad lnbf on it. From discussions I read on the forum this lnbf will not work and I have plugged it into the 1k.2 just to test and sure enough on a switch test it was not recongnized (tried both ports at 119 side_. Can someone tell me for sure what the proper part# for a lnb should be that I can install on the dish 500 and make it work. Links to ebay or other sites would be great.

Thanks in Advance!!

You need a Dish Pro LNB (DP)for the wing dish the DP will be on the LNB if it dosen't have a DP on it the LNB is LEGACY and won't work with a DPP system.

Well the reason I was thinking about doing this is the my neighbors trees are starting to interfere with Sat at 129 and cause it to be very weak and when it rains a drop I lose all HD channels. I figured I could point the wing disk to to 61.5 or another. After reading somemore posts, I am not sure this will work?? Maybe I should switch to 1000.4?? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Sounds like trimming your neighbor's trees should solve your problem. Moving the dish to a better location would work as well. If you have to add a wing dish, you would want 72, 61.5 does not have much HD programing on it any longer. You may wind up losing your local HD channels as well unless they are on another sat. Info on your dma would be helpful.

Sounds like trimming your neighbor's trees should solve your problem. Moving the dish to a better location would work as well. If you have to add a wing dish, you would want 72, 61.5 does not have much HD programing on it any longer. You may wind up losing your local HD channels as well unless they are on another sat. Info on your dma would be helpful.

My understanding is that if I lost 129 cause of rain that it would not automatically switch to 72 as a backup. Is that not true? I dont care about locals, I have a good omni for OTA.

From what I have read, the receiver will automatically choose the orbital slot with the longitude of the lowest value. In other words, channels that are both on 72.7 and 129, the receiver will choose the 72.7 feed. Otherwise it will fall back to 129. Now, if a storm were by chance to take out a channel on 72.7, I believe that a check switch would need to be performed if by any chance you can still receive 129. Now I'm not sure how consistent this is, the only way to know for sure is to see for yourself.

Overall, if you have an unobstructed LOS to 72.7 compared to 129, then adding the 72.7 wing dish will make your HD experience more reliable. There will be a few channels (HD locals, if available) in which it will need to fall back to 129 (if available) since 61.5 wouldn't be available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)