Dish 1000.4 elevation "edge"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
I'm installing a 1000.4 for EA. I installed one last spring up at the lake and had it installed in short order. Of course it is a 2hr drive from here so I can't look at it for comparison. I believe that I have a bad LNBF on the new dish I just got. I have double checked, tripled, quadrupled, etc..
On page #4 step 6 it says to align the elevation to the "edge" for the required angle. If I remember rightly this is the metal edge that is just above the elevation locking bolts (the ones that are tightened after fine tuning elevation). Is this the correct edge?
Any help would be appreciated but I'm still thinking LNBF.
Thanks, Gerry

thanks for the reply

that is the edge, is the mast or pole level?

Yes, everything is dead nuts so to speak. It is the same pole that I removed my 61.5 dish from and I double checked before putting the 1k.4 dish on it. Skew/elevation, etc set to correct settings. Know exactly where the sat is via dishpointer and compass. clear sky to boot.
What is bothering me is that on the check switch results screen in the "SAT" blocks it says "CONN" in all three blocks. I would have thought that this should be an "X" before pointing dish. I don't remember it saying that with my last 1k.4 install. It is recognizing the dish as a 1k.4 however.
Gerry

"CONN" means the lnb is detected but is not being identified. You could have a bad lnb. I know you said you pointed an EA before, but you can also get this message in the check switch matrix if not pointed correctly. It's somewhat difficult to point an EA if you're not using a Super Buddy meter or equivalent to isolate the different satellites.

Thanks..

"CONN" means the lnb is detected but is not being identified. You could have a bad lnb. I know you said you pointed an EA before, but you can also get this message in the check switch matrix if not pointed correctly. It's somewhat difficult to point an EA if you're not using a Super Buddy meter or equivalent to isolate the different satellites.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully they will be sending me a new lnbf today and I will know better maybe this weekend if it's not snowing:(.
Gerry

I had the "conn" message on the 77 sat in the EA. I ended up running check switch without the sat connected to the vip 211s. ( They were on 110/119/61.5 prior ) I then "saved" the results of that check switch (no sats) Then connected the input to the receiver and ran check switch and all 3 birds showed and were green. I think that procedure is in the 1000.4 install info.

Thanks...

I to live in Upstate NY. If you are nearby I could help you let me know.

hyperguy, thanks for the offer and i will keep you in mind. Your not to far west of me. I'm in the Apalachin area. New LNBF should be here today but with snow coming in unknown amounts tomorrow and working for a living it's going to be at least saturday before I can try the new LNBF.
Will keep posted on results,
Gerry

Finally

Received new LNBF the other day. Knew I wouldn't get a chance to do anything until today. It was snowing but what the heck. Just insult to injury after the 20+ inches from thursday thru friday..
By golly I found the sat and got her setup. Have to install dpp44 tomorrow and tidy up everthing. Hopefully rest of it will go well. Man a bad part sure can be fustrating:mad:.
Gerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)