Dish 1000.4 out west

duckie2

Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
Colorado
I was given a dish 1000.4 and told that I could get the western sats (129, 119 & 110) with this in the Phoenix AZ area. I can only get 129 and 110. Am I wasting my time with this dish (the receiver is a VIP 222k). This is my first post and please let me know if I need to be in a different forum or do things differently. Thanks for any help.

wrong

I was given a dish 1000.4 and told that I could get the western sats (129, 119 & 110) with this in the Phoenix AZ area. I can only get 129 and 110. Am I wasting my time with this dish (the receiver is a VIP 222k). This is my first post and please let me know if I need to be in a different forum or do things differently. Thanks for any help.

Sorry but you were given bad info the 1000.4 for the EA sats. It has a different spacing than the dish used out west which is the 1000.2. BTW :welcome

Actually I have another question. If I find a LBN with the 3 in the western configuration (even spacing), can I replace the existing 1000.4 LBN (swap the two and use the dish)? Thanks for all the help.

Dish curvature is different, I believe, so this might involve a different length arm, or just be impractical.

If I find a LBN with the 3 in the western configuration (even spacing), can I replace the existing 1000.4 LBN (swap the two and use the dish)?
Sorry, no. They designed the LNBs with different spacing and the dish with a different focal length. So they built collars that prevent the swap you are trying to make. Now, it seems reasonable to assume they would make a different collar that would at least take 3 duals, but alas such does not exist.

yes you can use the 1000.4 dish to receive 110, 119, 129 BUT you have to use a different lnb. the eastern arc dish for 61.5, 72, 77 use a different lnb, it has 2 lnbs next to each other while the 77 is further away . the one you need, it has 3 lnbs evenly spaced apart. hope this helps!!

yes you can use the 1000.4 dish to receive 110, 119, 129 BUT you have to use a different lnb. the eastern arc dish for 61.5, 72, 77 use a different lnb, it has 2 lnbs next to each other while the 77 is further away . the one you need, it has 3 lnbs evenly spaced apart. hope this helps!!
Sorry, but due to the dish having different parts, mainly the bracket that holds the LNB on the front, you cannot use this with a 1000.2 lnb. Trust me, it won't fit!

Where do some of these "PRO'S" get there knowlrdge? If the dish was interchangable by just swapping LNBs why would DISH invest millions in separate inventory?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)