Dish 1000.4 & the Eastern Arc

Hey guys I havea old birdog meter ver software 2.5 it connects with a phone hook up and serial port plug for updating.well my computer dont have that plug to update it but is there a phone plug with a usb connector that i can buy to replace it.

I thought I read someone in another thread stating that EA had weaker signals since they are using older satellites at those slots therefore it was more prone to rain fade.

I thought I read someone in another thread stating that EA had weaker signals since they are using older satellites at those slots therefore it was more prone to rain fade.
Not as strong as 110&119 and yes EA is more prone to fade. Don't let anyone fool you on that one. I upgraded my system not long ago from SD and getting all my programming from 110 and 119. I only had rain fade with the strongest of storms. There is nothing wrong with my system and the dish is peaked for the best signal capture for all 3 sats with complete unobstructed line of sight. Thing is from what I understand there is nothing DishnetWork can do until some new sats are put up. Directv isn't any better or worse from what I have been told. It is not as bad as it sounds though. I went from rain fade once or twice a month to 2 or 3 times a month. All depends on the weather.

The further north you go and the further south you go , the strength seems to go down to the mid 40s on 72.7 and low 50s on 77sats. I'm in southeast Texas and that was the strengths I got when I had my eastern arc dish hooked up.

I dont even understand why they changed the signal meter and why they show 125 if no signal is ever able to reach that now. Are they showing weaker signals than they used to or what with this new signal meter?

From what I understand the way the old meter sensitivity was, many signals were maxed out at 125 thus making it harder to peak the dish. I don't know. I didn't have a problem before. I could be wrong but thats what I heard.

They need to drop the meter back down to 75 or 100 since the best you can get is around 70 or 80 with the new scale. That is a simple software change in the menus.

Years ago when the signal would peak to 125, you would loose picture at 30 or 40. I think customers called and complained to dish "why am I losing sig at 30". So dish potted there meter back to loose sig at 0-10. that in turn dropped the high in 30 points. Your right why they don,t have the meter only going to 100 and not 125 is beyond me

Signal strength in cocoa fl,
61.5 tran 1- 53
72. tran 1- 51
77. tran 1- 74
I like to look at the same transponder when I,m peaking to keep things consistent
I use transponder 1 on eastern arch
Western arch I use 11 for 119 and 110 transponder 32 for 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts