dish 1000.4 wa install HELP

djtj

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
blaine,wa
hi i live in blaine WA near seattle. just got my 1000.4 dish and i have vip 211 reciever. i been trying to install it for 3 days and keep getting problems.even though i am in west i went to dishpointer and according to them i should be pointing to 61.5,72,77. when i first got a signal i was using port 1 and i got about 60 strength signal of 61.5 so i did a check swith without having reception for other sattlites. Now the problem is i only get signal for 61.5 which is strong, i also get 72 at about 30-35 but unable to get 77. whats weird is when i check switch it shows 61.5 on port 1 and 72 at port 3 but when i try to block the lnb with tin foil i am actually getting the 61.5 in the middle lnb and 72 on the first lnb. i tried using covering the outside lnb's with tin foil and plug in the second port but get no signal at all.
i dont know what is going on can somone please help me

i got wa lnb assembly i ordered it from ebay and it said western arc. how can you tell differnece between the two? im pretty sure its wa. i dunno why dishpointer would give me settings for the 61,72,77

The Western Arc LNB's "eyes" are (almost) evenly spaced. The Eastern arc LNB has 2 next to each other, and one away from them. Use the settings for a 1000.2 on dishpointer.com if you are sure you have the WA LNB. The first one here is the EA LNB, second is WA

1k4LNB.jpg1k2LNB.jpg

i pointed towards 119 west using port 1 and right away i got signal for all three sattlites. getting a relly good signal around 70 everything worked out well. thanks so much. saved me 150 installation fees. cheers

hey guys just got another problem now. 119 and 110 are fine with good signal but when i go to 129 it has no signal at transponder 6 but when i change the transponder to 21 i get good signal around 60 but the problem is when i go out of that screen and and go back to the installation screen it changes the transponder to 6 again. how can i lock the transponder to 21?

hey guys just got another problem now. 119 and 110 are fine with good signal but when i go to 129 it has no signal at transponder 6 but when i change the transponder to 21 i get good signal around 60 but the problem is when i go out of that screen and and go back to the installation screen it changes the transponder to 6 again. how can i lock the transponder to 21?
Your receiver chooses the transponder depending on the channel you have selected. The signal on the transponder will vary depending on the transponders use, a spotbeam may show zero if you are not under the spot or it might show 70 if you are under the center of the spot.

Yep TP 6 is a spotbeam so you're not going to receive it since you're not within range.

Are you having issues with getting a lock on 129? It should take no longer than about five minutes to get a lock. The receiver will automatically choose the correct TPs if everything is in order. Don't worry about which TP is showing unless the acquiring signal screen is taking longer than about five minutes to complete.

hi sorry another question. so i got dish 1000.4 and im getting 119,110,129. i want to get 118, i have a dish and lnb that i was previously using for 118.7 can i just hook that one up again and run it into the lnb in port of this 110.4 lnb? do i need the dpp44 switch for that or should it work without it??

hi sorry another question. so i got dish 1000.4 and im getting 119,110,129. i want to get 118, i have a dish and lnb that i was previously using for 118.7 can i just hook that one up again and run it into the lnb in port of this 110.4 lnb? do i need the dpp44 switch for that or should it work without it??
If the old 118.7 dish has a DP LNB it should work input to the 1000.4 input.

hi guys just picked up a used 36" dish from craigslist it has starchoice fta 82 lnb will that work to get me 118.7 signal for dishnetwork????????/

NO NO NO The 118.7 LNB for DISH is a special LNB. Instead of buying the 1000.4 you should have bought the 1000+ it get 110/118/119 & 129 and the reflector is larger for more signal capture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts