Dish 1000, adding a 3rd Receiver

rtchin

Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Hi, I have Dish 1000 with 2 receivers. I was thinking about adding a 3rd receiver. How would I do this? I checked out the dish/lnb. i have only two wires coming out of the dish and into the house. I know that I can't just use a splitter to split one of the lines. Is there a way to do this? There aren't any open ports on the twin lnbs, 129 is going to the twin, two come out of the twin and into the house.

What do you have for receivers currently? You have a Dish Pro Plus Twin now and 2 dual tuner receivers is the maximum it is designed to handle. You will need to add a switch if you have dual tuner receivers now you will need a DPP44 switch.

i have two receivers now, vip 211, and 381. i want to add another sd receiver like the 381.

i checked the lnbs again. i have a dish pro dual in the 129 slot and a dish pro plus twin for 110/119. there are only two lines coming out into the house.

thanks for any help.

i have two receivers now, vip 211, and 381. i want to add another sd receiver like the 381.

i checked the lnbs again. i have a dish pro dual in the 129 slot and a dish pro plus twin for 110/119. there are only two lines coming out into the house.

thanks for any help.

You will need a DP34 switch. Currently the DP dual lnb is feeding into the DPP-twin lnb's input port. When adding the 34 switch you will need to run a cable straight from the dual to the 34 switch. The proper way to do it would be to have all 3 lines coming from the dish to pass through the ground block then to the 34 switch. Then the 34 switch will give you 4 output ports to feed the receivers.

thanks for the info. is there a distance requirement to the switch? right now, my dish is on the roof, ground block is in the crawl space about 20 feet below.

ok, so 129, 119, 110 all into a ground block directly, then all into the dp34, then to the 3 receivers?

thanks for the help guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts