This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish 1000 and Adding 61.5

hilljec

Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Is it possible to add 61.5 to the input on the DP Plus Twin where the 129 connects on the Dish 1000 and then connect the 129 straight to the 622? I was wondering if there was a solution without using a switch.

Thanks,
JEFF

No, you will need a DPP 44 switch to connect all 4 sat locations and will need 4 lines running from the lnb's to the switch, one for each sat location.

Your question is actually a little confusing!

The answer above is correct if your intention is to have all FOUR satellites orbits covered and connected. Get a DPP44

But if you mean to substitute a 61.5 dish for the 129 signal, that is possible without any more equipment.

The other consideration is that both inputs of the dual tuner receivers must have the same sat and switch configuration.

using a DPP44 and a 4 Dish setup, you would still need to run 2 lines from the DPP44 to the receiver (622). You couldn't use the separator and one line (output) from the DPP44?

abricko said:
using a DPP44 and a 4 Dish setup, you would still need to run 2 lines from the DPP44 to the receiver (622). You couldn't use the separator and one line (output) from the DPP44?

A single coax from the DPP44 to each receiver location. With dual tuner receiver like 622, a separator is used at the receiver location to feed the two tuner inputs off of the single coax feed.

Correct, you can just run 1 line (with the separator) from the DPP44. I am doing it to all 3 of my receivers right now (622, 942, 322).