Dish 1000 antenna

oldmailman

Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Which satellites will new Dish 1000 antenna receive?

I currently have SuperDish, which like the 1000 is receiving 3 satellites.
Is this the same antenna?

thanks
oldmailman

For markets that have locals at 105 and wish to get HD at 129°, the solution is a SuperDish 105 for 105/110/119 and a Dish 300 (18" round dish) for 129.

See ya
Tony

I live in central Illinois, locals from Peoria, which their CBS still does not offer HD.
I am pretty sure they are on 105. Would rather not have 2 dishes mounted on my roof.

Has anyone heard of any plans for Dish to make the all the HD programming available with the other programming so only 1 dish would be required. I live in the northeast so the Dish 1000 won't work as the 129 feed can't be pulled in. Going with 2 dishes is not an option. If Dish is not going to do this, I will be forced to D* or worse, cable.

Sorry GadgetGirl, no plans at this time to do this. There is no way to get one dish to get 110/119 and 61.5.

If I may ask, why isn't a second 18" dish an option? HOAs cannot restrict these by law, no matter what a covenant might say. Are you in an apartment or condo where you don't have the space? Or are we talking aesthetics?

See ya
Tony

Too bad. I live in a condo facing west. I could place a second on a bedroom window facing south, but I don't want that blocking my window. As more people move to high def, I wonder what others in the northeast end up doing. I am guessing that Dish will lose many subs because of this. Even if I were in a house, I wouldn't want 2 dishes on my roof.

As it is now, I need a second dish to get some of my locals. As they aren't anything I would watch much, I passed on the 2nd dish.

Yeah, well, too bad, so sad. Technology sucks, don't it?

If you live anyplace where multiple dishes are an issue, then you almost certainly can reduce your number of dishes to zero by switching to cable.

Your choice. Maybe you're lucky and have one of the few cable companies that are actually worth something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)