Dish 1000 compatibility with DP34.

Ben Bassinger

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I have a spare DP34 and my parents have the dish 1000. Dish network wants $200 for a DPP44. Can I hook up the DP34 so that they can have a 3rd receiver, or am I going to have to shell out the money for a DPP44? I would like to add a 3rd receiver for them by hooking the 2 leads they have from the Dish 1000 to my DP34 out to 3 receivers. Is this possible? All help is appreciated.

It depends on WHY your parents have a Dish 1000. Do they have any dual tuner receivers? The default LNB on the Dish 1000 is the DPP Twin, which can feed dual tuner receivers with one coax run per receiver. The DP34 can't do that. Other than that, the Dish 1000 will work with a DP34 switch. BUT, all three LNB outputs (110/119/129) must go directly to the DP34 inputs. You can't use the internal switch on the DPP Twin when an external switch is connected.

I thought that the DPP twin would not work with the DP-34 switch since the DPP twin is Dish Pro Plus and the DP-34 switch is only DishPro? I thought you had to use a DP twin in order to use the DP-34 switch. That is what I do. I hooked up a Dish300 with a DP dual and a Dish500 with a DP twin to the DP-34 switch.

Stargazer said:
I thought that the DPP twin would not work with the DP-34 switch since the DPP twin is Dish Pro Plus and the DP-34 switch is only DishPro? I thought you had to use a DP twin in order to use the DP-34 switch. That is what I do. I hooked up a Dish300 with a DP dual and a Dish500 with a DP twin to the DP-34 switch.
No, it works with the DPP Twin, but the DPP internal switch is disabled. It's not cost effective to use a DPP Twin when a DP Twin will do the job, but if you already have the DPP Twin, you can add a DP34.

No, the DPP Twin will not work with a DP 34 switch. You will need to either get a DP twin or if you keep the DPP Twin use a DPP 44 switc

Attachments

• DP Connectivity.doc
    84 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Well I guess I should just stop posting then. Or maybe I should say that it isn't recommended by DISH.

Sorry for my input. I will go back to my hole.

yes I have also seen a DPP twin work with both DP 34 switches and DPP 44 switches although using this configuration can burn out the DPP twin

I had read another thread stating that it would not work and that Dish Network stated this. I have also read threads where Dish Network did not recommend certain other configurations but people got them to work.

Not a problem. (I shouldn't have bit your head off.)

I guess I just follow the book since I know taht DISH will charge us back or not pay us at all if you do any little thing wrong. Just trying to folllow what they say.

Like mdonnelly said, E* has misinformation on this. In that thread that he linked, we found two different documents. In one document it says that you can't and in another one it says that you can as long as you have two DP receivers connected to the DP34. Mdonnelly setup has been working fine for a while now.

If I recall correctly, someone else had stated a while back (last year I think) that there was some misinformation where some documents said it would work while others said that it wouldn't. Now that there is a mention of both receivers having to be DP in order for the DP-34 to work with the DPP twin, I do remember reading this. If you have a legacy receiver it will work with the DPP twin if you also have a DP receiver connected to it but not if you have a DP-34 connected to the DPP twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts