Dish 1000+ getting 110, 118, and 119 fine, but not 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

swaybar3

Original poster
Oct 4, 2010
IL
So my Dish 1000+ has everything installed correctly. I can verify this in the receiver (VIP222k). When I perform a check switch, I get 110, 118, and 119, but I do not get 129. All the 110, 118, and 119 channels work perfectly. I was under the impression that if I had 110, 118, and 119 working, then so would 129.

When I hover over the 129 sat number in the signal meter menu, I get signal below, but when it locks on it says 119 and says something along the lines of "wrong satellite". The 110, 118, and 119 locations lock in the appropriate satellites.

It took me a very long time to aim this dish, which was initially a 500+. I thought that getting 129 would be as simple as just connecting the new LNB. Apparently, it's not that straightforward. I'm using a DPP44 switch and I assure you that everything is hooked up properly.

So, if one has 110, 118, and 119 locked in, is there (generally speaking) a simple trick or twist of the dish that will make 129 lock on? - For example, increasing the skew by so and so much should make the 129 lock in while at the same time not losing the other sats which are already aimed right and working?

Thanks!

If all your cable wire is installed correct and you have four cables coming from the LNB'S to the switch. Then your dish may not be tuned correctly or wrong settings on dish like skew elevation or foot not level.

Are there any trees to the right of your dish? 129W sits a lot lower in the sky that the other three sats. Its common to be able to pick the first three and not 129W. Also, if you have no trees to the right of the dish, take the cable coming from the 129W lnb and switch it at the dpp44 switch with one of the cables coming from the other lnbs. Run a new check switch and see what happens. If 129W shows up, then you have a bad input on your dpp44 switch. If it still does not show, and there are no trees, you may have a bad lnb, a bad piece of cable, or the center conductor (stinger) sticking out of the fitting may not be long enough to make proper contact with the lnb or dpp44 switch.

try this link https://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/techequiDish-1000.shtml IF THE WHOLE LNK DOES NOT WORK THEN JUST abbreviate it to rweb.echostar.com TRY 120 SKEW 32 ELEVATION but keep in mind the 1000+ is heavy just like the larger super dish so try the 32 to 33 range peak it on the 119 sat port of the dual lnbf ITS LISTED AS 1D make sure your mast is definitely plum. if you peak the dish well use t21 for all the sats my 119 is 82 110 80 118 is 65 129 is 78

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts