Dish 1000 Hit by a tree

Donald Cullen

Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
We had a storm this weekend and a tree fell on my dish and damaged it. Dish customer service has scheduled a repair session, but it is 2 weeks from now. I am a little impatient so I got out my tools and put the arm back on the thing and now find that it will not acquire any signal. I'm thinking it needs to be repositioned. Can anyone help with what direction and elevation it should be pointed. We have the Dish 1000 with HD. Our location is in Harshaw, Wisconsin 54529 which is 45 degrees North and 89 degrees West.

2 weeks?!? Wow...!!

Any chance of contacting a local retailer? I'm sure they could come out quicker. Keep in mind you'll have to pay more for that service. But trust me, in the long run you're better off. You can talk to him directly instead of some faceless person over the phone.

going to need to ensure the mast/pole is plumb in 2 directions. aim the center of that dish at approx 215 degrees. elevation set about 31 or so. the skew and elevation settings shouldnt have been changed by the tree. if the dish is bent or the arm isnt in the right place any more.....well, be ready to be frustrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts